cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video quality suddenly very poor

gracemeow1
Listener

I have always had excellent video quality (Logitech C925e camera) and as of two days ago, the quality has significantly worsened. I did two things and not sure which one might be the culprit:

* updated my OS to Monterey

* updated Zoom

None of my video settings have been touched and the video quality looks good on other apps like Loom.  In my screenshot, you can see that the preview of me is very clear, whereas the actual video window is very pixelated and blurry. 

Anyone encounter sudden video quality drops?

8 REPLIES 8

pizzalover28
Participant

In that case, I would remommend contacting Zoom Support. 

gracemeow1
Listener

Thanks! Will do. 

Vitali
Listener

This is a known issue that Zoom has not adressed yet. Good if tickets are submitted to zoom support so attention gets pointed towards this issue:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Chat/Anybody-else-having-problem-with-Logitech-webcam-with-the-new/td-...

Thanks! Our admin got "permission" for us to have 1080p quality. What has been interesting is that my video quality will shift depending on whether I am alone or in a meeting. Most times, though, it now works as it should. 

usery
Listener

Same issue here, this is affecting me badly because I specifically bought the camera for better zoom video calls.

Jboss
Listener

Zoom's video quality is based on who is presenting and the amount of bandwidth. Unlike Webex or GoToWebinar, You don't upload a slide or video presentation to a cloud infrastructure for that company and push the presentation from there. This means in general, lousy upload video bandwidth and lots of people will result in a bad visual experience. Zoom is a best-effort platform and isn't the best for large webinars.

LinaStein
Listener

HI .. Same here.. I contacted the human support service and they said I can request to have the Group HD 720p enabled..

Open a support ticket and make the request.. try for 1080p 🙂