cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video quality looks like discotheque

MariaSoeters
Listener

I have no idea where to ask this. But I am having issues with ZOOM sometimes.

It is not always, but during a meeting my ZOOM screen all of a sudden starts to look like a discotheque. The screen flashes, it makes me 'hang' and all kinds of colors are being shown.

Any idea what this could be?

Luckily it doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't affect the sound yet this is not how it is supposed to be.

Hope someone can help me out 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

84LSUMBA
Listener

maria, I am experiencing a similar issue and do not know if it is ZOOM , ATT, or Windows related.  I am running my PC on Windows 11.0, with 5G Broadband from ATT, and the latest upgrades I can find.  However, video lags and freezes, audio needs speech therapy, and the folks on ZOOM with me are trying to be polite but my system is disrupting the flow.   I requested a test thru the Zoom Connectivity Tool, only to receive a response that I should contact the community.    Have you any ideas?

I am far from good with computers so I hoped to get some answers here. But I am sorry to read you are having similar problems. Hope we get a solution here soon! 

Juliane1
Listener

I have exactly the same problem.

This is really a problem as I am teaching with zoom.

I have contacted the support and am waiting for an answer 

That must be really hard. It doesn't happen all the time but still.. I can imagine it disrupts.
Great you contacted support. I would be happy to know their answer.

84LSUMBA
Listener

That must truly be disruptive to your process.

Juliane1
Listener

Thank you! I saw that other people described the same problem here. Some of them tried to re-install zoom

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/psychedelic-colors-and-more/m-p/96545

This makes me laugh so much: psychedelic colors 😂 I thought I sounded a bit crazy with my discotheque description 😅 I have never tried those but I can imagine it is the same experience. Thank you for sharing. Have you tried to reinstall already? It seems to work on some devices. 

Juliane1
Listener

I asked the Support. 

this is what they answered.

Hi Juliane

Thank you for contacting Zoom Support, this is Glorianne. 

I understand that you're having issues with your video glitching in a meeting. I'll be glad to assist you with this. 

As a workaround, please disable the "Optimize video quality with de-noise" setting. 

To disable the "Optimize video quality with de-noise" setting on your Zoom Desktop Client/Application. Go to Settings > Video Settings > Advanced setting > uncheck Optimize video quality with de-noise.

The majority of users did that and found that it works. Please refer to the below screenshots for your reference.

To learn more, you can refer to this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4412653966093-Managing-advanced-audio-settings

If the issue still persists, you can try this to troubleshoot, I advise you to Uninstall and reinstall your Zoom Desktop Client/Application on your device. Kindly follow the steps below:

WindowsRun CleanZoom to remove Zoom completelyTo remove Zoom completely, including any configuration files, run CleanZoom on your device.

Download and run CleanZoom.

Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom desktop client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and Google Workspace add-on are unaffected.Once completed, download Zoom from our download center and reinstall.  

To learn more, you can refer to this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

If there are any additional questions or information you would like to provide feel free to reply directly to this ticket.