cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video not working

jmf
Listener

During a video conference the light of my camera stays ON but there is no video. I checked the app camera and it is working, but not in a zoom conference. Can anybody help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @jmf thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! I have seen this issue before and wanted to offer some thoughts

- occasionally you may have another app open that is using the camera and tying up the camera in such a way that it can't be shared with other apps. Microsoft Skype for example is one I have seen do this. If you can completely exit out of any apps that might be using the camera and try Zoom again that would be great. 

Also, you can go into your Zoom client settings

jeremyjustin_0-1643384218573.jpeg

You can even do this when you are not in a meeting. Click on Video, and you will see some camera choice options there. If your camera is recognized by Zoom you will see a small picture of yourself in camera. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

jeremyjustin

Hi @jmf thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! I have seen this issue before and wanted to offer some thoughts

- occasionally you may have another app open that is using the camera and tying up the camera in such a way that it can't be shared with other apps. Microsoft Skype for example is one I have seen do this. If you can completely exit out of any apps that might be using the camera and try Zoom again that would be great. 

Also, you can go into your Zoom client settings

jeremyjustin_0-1643384218573.jpeg

You can even do this when you are not in a meeting. Click on Video, and you will see some camera choice options there. If your camera is recognized by Zoom you will see a small picture of yourself in camera. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Hi

I've tried this and my camera works in test mode under settings, but I cannot be seen on video calls nor can I see others on those calls.

Should I try to reinstall everything? Any other thoughts?

Regards

Hi. Tried your recommendations but they did not work. Updated Zoom, uninstalled and reinstalled it. Checked my Lenovo laptop which says the camera is working properly. I can see the camera light but there isn't an image of me and  no one can see me. I saw posts about Lenovo but it only gives info up to Windows  10. I have Windows 11.  Any thoughts?

Passando pelo mesmo problema. Windows 11, laptop lenovo e a câmera fica escura. Já está me dando uma dor de cabeça não resolver isso. Teria suporte do zoom ou talvez tentasse o Lenovo site..I don't know. Preciso dar aulas e não abre o vídeo. 

I finally called Lenovo. They did the same things that I  did, but for some reason, when Lenovo support did it, it worked! So far, I'm not having  the problem. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I am having the same problem

On my Dell laptop I have the same problem with Zoom.  Camera light is bright white but image is black.  I've tried every setting to enable permissions, troubleshoot all to no success.  

Did you find a solution?

I am on an Android Tablet...Can see the other person but can not get on myself.

tedmclyman
Listener

I have the same issue with My HP Envy desktop. All systems and devices work fine. I can see myself and all participants, but they can't see me. I did a clean and reinstall - nothing. I've tried everything I can think of. ANt recommendations?

RogerP
Listener

I have the same problem on my Dell Inspiron 14 with Zoom meetings. My video is on, I can see others but they can't see me. The screen with name on it is black. How can I rectify this please?

Looking4Answrs
Listener

This probably isn't the problem you are having but I just found a thing that might help with this. My problem was that I kept using the Google Login option from the Zoom login icon on the Zoom login in page. When I logged in using my Gmail account username and password without using the Google Login logo my externally mounted camera worked fine as a feed to Zoom's "Video" panel in the Zoom cog settings pop-up menu. Hope this helps.

tedmclyman
Listener

I fixed the issue by resetting my computer.

Shivnag
Listener

Hello Justin,

Let me first say thanks for the post and confirm i have same issue. And yet to find any solution even after going through suggestions added below.

willjoe2442
Participant

Your device's or security software might be preventing Zoom from accessing your camera. Allowing Zoom the proper access might solve your camera issues. The following common security software support pages provide details on how to allow camera access to applications like Zoom.

Regards,

Diana

Agarwal
Listener

I'm having the same problem.  I'll try these suggested solutions.