cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video not working on chromebook

kerryngai
Listener

Hi, the video on zoom does not work on our new chromebook, with a black screen. Tried with zoom pwa and zoom online but still no video. Please help!

I also have a mac and no issues there. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kerryngai
Listener

Thanks! After searching online for some time, I found out there is a physical on/off button on the left side of the HP chromebook. It says is for extra security purposes!??

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Griffpatch_zoom
Listener

Hmm maybe its the camera error. or your device isn't compatible with zoom. or are the updates making it do that

kerryngai
Listener

Thanks! After searching online for some time, I found out there is a physical on/off button on the left side of the HP chromebook. It says is for extra security purposes!??

Thank you so much! I didn't know what that little button was for! Problem solved.

jobrien
Listener

We are having the same problem but I don't see any little button.  I need help!

If you look directly above the camera theres a small toggle button thats almost invisible, move it from right to left and your camera should work again

PerSay
Listener

We have this issue too.  If the instructor shares the screen, the screen is black for some Chromebook users.  When I went into a breakout room with the students, they could see my screen.  I am using a Mac the teacher is using Windows.
There was no difference if the student use the Zoom client on Chromebook or used the Login with Browser link.