cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video not working & tried everything

Ewilliams
Listener

I have had an issue for several months that I am unable to resolve with any random helpdesk.

My video on laptop was working automatically in meetings that I hosted. That suddenly stopped working and I only have the gray screen with the 'x' in the video.

If I host a meeting on my phone it works fine. If I join a meeting someone else is hosting it works fine.

I have checked ALL of the settings recommended while on the laptop and there are no settings that should turn the video off.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my laptop multiple times with no resolve.

The video works fine in other apps and again when I host on my phone it works fine.

I am not sure what else to try or where else to get assistance. If I can't host a meeting and use my video on the laptop I will have to choose another type of meeting application.

This is extremely frustrating to pay for something that I can't use fully.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

cubuffs27
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

When you go to Settings --> Video --> Camera make sure you DON'T have "Stop my video when joining a meeting" checked.

Zoomerific
Listener

Can you report the OS version and zoom version under which this fault is being experienced?

MacOS Monterey

Version 12.3.1