cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video not recorded

MK10
Listener

I recorded a 1 hour meeting and the video is not in Zoom neither on my computer. Before I began the recording I did a test during that same meeting for 7 seconds. That one saved locally as well as on Zoom. But the one that's the 1 hour long that I really need is nowhere, and it's been 6 hours since the meeting. Any tips on how to retrieve this?

Or even to understand what went wrong? Was it because I tested it first and then the second video just didn't save?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MK10
Listener

okay, so have solved this myself

Solutions to the above: Rename the video file (5th file from my screenshot in the above post) and the audio file (1st file from my screenshot in the above post) to anything else but what it currently is. Then convert the "double click to convert files" file (2nd file from my screenshot in the above post) as per this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SAewoY0Syw and it'll convert to the missing video - my missing video was the last recording (2nd out of 2 recordings) I did in the same meeting.

For Zoom developers: Can Zoom please be able to make several recordings in the same session? Currently Zoom only converts the first recording in one session. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @MK10, if locally recorded, you can find that recording in your Zoom desktop client, under 'meetings' 👉 'recorded' and you will see the locally recorded videos from there.

You can also go to zoom.us/recording to see all cloud recording if available or the path for local recordings.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

MK10
Listener

Thank you @RN !

The issue isn't finding my recordings but the recording that I'm looking for isn't there.

Before I recorded the 1 hour meeting, I did a 7 second test in that same meeting and watched it back and all was okay, then I started recording that same meeting  in progress - and I can't find that recording anywhere.

But in that 7 second test video folder there are 2 "double click to convert files" that I can't see in any other zoom folders. The 5th file in the image is the 7 second video test file that I have. The second "double click to convert files" folder is larger that the first - could that be my missing recording? And how do I retrieve it?

Thank you so much for your post, this just saved me!!!!!!! Couldn't get to the important recording and now was able to retrieve it. You made my day. 5 stars!

MK10
Listener

okay, so have solved this myself

Solutions to the above: Rename the video file (5th file from my screenshot in the above post) and the audio file (1st file from my screenshot in the above post) to anything else but what it currently is. Then convert the "double click to convert files" file (2nd file from my screenshot in the above post) as per this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SAewoY0Syw and it'll convert to the missing video - my missing video was the last recording (2nd out of 2 recordings) I did in the same meeting.

For Zoom developers: Can Zoom please be able to make several recordings in the same session? Currently Zoom only converts the first recording in one session. 

hi...i am facing similar issue. 

the file got saved in my documents in zoom folder...i could'nt follow ur solution. can u pls help me.

Tq

a007Kenny
Listener

Sooo... I went through this hell as well and couldn't find the "zTscoder.exe" mentioned in the video.

I had a similar incident. I converted the first video in the same session and for some odd reason the second video that I recorded in the same session will not convert.
After uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting the computer the issue still wasn't fixed.
So, I resulted in renaming files. 
I first went about deleting the . tag and .conf file just in case it was scripting to the same file.
I also renamed the original file that had rendered from the first recording in the same session (added 00 to the filename).
I then double clicked the second recording in the same session (the file that wouldn't convert). I got a dialog box asking for me to rename the original file. (Remember I already did this step).
I reinstalled the .tag and .conf files and the files started to convert. 
I now have access to both recordings from the same session.