cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video no longer working for Microsoft Teams Room

andrewkhi
Listener

Zoom video was working in our Microsoft Teams Rooms yesterday (01/23/23). After today's "update," the video in Microsoft Teams Rooms is not working. This occurred in all of our conference rooms. The camera works for Microsoft Teams meetings, and when we hook up our laptops to the conference room camera directly. The video only freezes and then goes black during Zoom meetings connecting through our Microsoft Teams Rooms systems. No amount of restarts and settings changes have fixed this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve_Hinds
Listener

Seems like the issue was Microsoft related and has now been resolved, we have tested and things are back to normal.

Steve_Hinds_0-1675351444338.png

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

ArrowHappy
Listener

I had a similar issue yesterday but I have not tested it today.  Any updates from your side?

I am having the same issue

ekerstetter
Listener

So we weren't getting any errors messages on the screen. But after we disabled 3rd party join, restarted, then enabled it, we are seeing a error message. It's says something like "the camera is being used by another app".

Still doesn't work, but at least we are seeing an error now.

ArrowHappy
Listener

Hello Ekerstetter,

I have managed to get the Zoom Video to work by resetting the device and also changing the room account password. All seems to work now via Microsoft Teams Room

Hi there,

Experiencing the same issue.

Can you clarify what you mean by "Resetting". Was this just a reboot or did you do a factory reset?

The issue has returned today so whatever I did yesterday looks like it was a temporary fix. I'm surprised that Zoom is not doing anything to get this fixed. Videos work fine on Teams but not on Zoom so it's definitely a Zoom issue 

Okay. Has anyone else put in a ticket in with Microsoft yet? We submitted one last week and still waiting for help. 

Simskad
Listener

We're seeing the same thing and unable to fix it. Here's what we've tried so far:

Rejoined meeting
Created new meeting
Removed and re-added zoom features
Switched Supported meeting mode from Teams only to Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams (default)
Factory reset device
Changed password of room account

DGillHelp
Listener

Similar issues for my org too. Opened ticket with Zoom and getting through the base steps now... firewall settings, firmware, camera models etc. We will see if any of that helps, I'm not hopeful though. 

In a support ticket with Microsoft the tech said it is a known issue that they are waiting to hear back from Zoom about. Take it with a grain of salt, I'm sure no one wants to take the blame. 

Steve_Hinds
Listener

We are having the same issue as well, seems to block all the video sending from MTR to Zoom, does anyone know if it could be Microsoft related ?

ArrowHappy
Listener

Unfortunately, Zoom or Microsoft have not provided a solution yet. There is an update from Microsoft site see below but that's all

Some users may intermittently see a black screen during Microsoft Teams meetings or group calls that include video

TM485572, Last updated: January 30, 2023 7:37 PM
Estimated start time: December 14, 2022 11:18 PM
Affected services
Microsoft Teams
Issue type

Advisory
Issue origin
Microsoft
Status
Service degradation
Manage notifications for this issue
User impact
Users may intermittently see a black screen during Microsoft Teams meetings or group calls that include video.
Are you experiencing this issue?
Is this post helpful?

All updates

Do you have a link to this issue on Microsoft site? 

This is not intermittently.  Microsoft pushed a patch update 2 weeks ago, and since 1/24, ZOOM over Teams Room, on 3 different vendor provided Teams Room systems, in 10 of our conference rooms, do not work, it is just a black screen.  All possible drivers for all hardware and software have been installed. 

The only work around is to log directly into the Team Room device as Admin and setup a ZOOM call manually to use the Conf Room Camera/Mic and reposition all the screens to fit on the TV's.  Tested today and it is still not working.

Steve_Hinds
Listener

Does anyone know is this affecting both Zoom Free and Zoom Pro accounts ?

I tried creating the meeting on free a and Pro license. Issue occurred for both. 

This is also affecting Zoom Rooms. 

Steve_Hinds
Listener

Seems like the issue was Microsoft related and has now been resolved, we have tested and things are back to normal.

Steve_Hinds_0-1675351444338.png

Thanks for the update. I'm not in the office today but will on Monday when I'm back in the office.

We tested yesterday and can also confirm that the camera issue has been resolved. 

Brilliant - this is great. Not sure why it's taken them that long though.

fieldkc80
Listener

My two cents.....This same issue started nearly 2 weeks ago here.  I opened a ticket with Microsoft and Zoom and am still waiting to hear from either side.  I received emails from Zoom support last week confirming an issue they were aware of and working on about this.  I then received notification late last week it was fixed.  It is...mostly.  I have one Teams room with a single TV and a larger Teams room running two TVs.  Zoom hosted meetings are now only utilizing 1 TV, leaving the other one blank in a dual TV room.  Still waiting on Zoom and MS.

Steve_Hinds
Listener

Hi Fieldkc80 - We have never had Zoom working on 2 TV's via Teams Room, it has always left one screen blank for as long as I remember. 

fieldkc80
Listener

I've been low key trying to remember if that's how it always was for us before hand as well.  I appreciate that feedback!

DDennis
Listener

At least since April, we've been having the opposite problem. We are running Zoom as our secondary app on an MTR. Teams and Zoom calls have traditionally showed up on dual screens - generally the call on one screen and the content on the other.  But for the last few months, Zoom will only show on a single monitor, leaving the other room monitor blank. The caller PIPs and the content are all on the same screen. It's not a monitor or routing issue since Teams still appears on dual monitors as it should. We're pulling our hair out. It seems like every MTR update messes up something else.