cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video mirroring

christianhugal
Listener

Even though I click the “mirror my video,” my video does not come out mirrored in the other participants’ part. What should I do?

9 REPLIES 9

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @christianhugal 

Mirroring only applies to your own local view of your own video, for confidence purposes. It does not change your video for other participants.

So is there any way to change my video for other participants? I checked with all my devices, and the same problem occurs. Please help.

Hi Rupert. Is there any way to send a mirror image to my students over Zoom? I teach yoga and other forms of exercise. When I say "Raise your right arm." for example, and I raise my right arm, I want them to see me raise my left as it is easier for them to copy it that way. I've tried saying the opposite to what I'm doing but in a series of instructions it is very easy to slip up and then the whole sequence falls apart!!

Did you ever figure this out? There are definitely situations when it's needed for participants to actually see the mirrored image. I'm needing the same, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Frank_TB

Hello,

Zoom supports virtual cameras. There are many virtual camera software applications that can flip your video.  

Some  options include ManyCam, OBS Studio, and SplitCam. There are others, but do your research. Your own web cam or operating system may come with built in abilities to do this as well.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

jB84
Listener

...unfortunately, the background image is mirrored too - so either you or the others see a wrong background image, if you turn on the mirroring option...

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

As @Rupert said, mirror video only affects your view of yourself. The mirrored video and background are not shown that way to others in the meeting. 

can you please add an option where we can make the other participants see us mirrored 

richard9
Listener

how do you select mirror option; I can't seem to find it under settings. thanks!