cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video in Apple Calendar

Cerg
Listener

Hi!

Apple Calendar has a feature to add video conferences (see screenshot). Unfortunately, the drowdown only lists Facetime. How do I add Zoom to this list?

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

EddiePAEK
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I guess that Zoom cannot add Zoom to the list because Zoom does not support integration with Apple calendar at the moment. You can use another app such as, Meeter. https://trymeeter.com/

Cheers!

ragnu
Listener

Is anything new on this?  Would LOVE Zoom to be part of iCal on iPhone or even an add-in GoogleCal iPhone app.

zano
Listener

Thanks! This is new that the two aren’t integrated. I don’t know whether it’s Apple’s fault or ZOOM’s but I bet it’s Apple….Would love if someone can prove me wrong. Just the fact ZOOM is letting me write this shows 🍎 

zano
Listener

Oops! I just sas your dates and guess I was lucky not to be bugged by this until now!

disastrid
Listener

I am still trying to solve this problem. Is FaceTime really the only option for adding video calls to Apple Calendar? Why have the dropdown menu at all?? It's driving me mad.

I’d sure like to know…seems crazy that it isn’t possible.

matthewtvincent
Listener

Really hoping for this, as well. Seems strange.

This feature is long overdue.  I see skype now appears as an option.  I think this omission is more to do with commerce than it is for user demand. 
If apple made that you could enter a location OR a free text field that would be an improvement. at least then, you could write 'Zoom' and the connection details if you needed to.

disastrid
Listener

I figured it out! We need to be pasting the Zoom meeting link into the location field in the event creation window. This will be converted to appear as a Zoom meeting similarly to the FaceTime meetings. I hope this helps! It certainly has helped me. I knew I wasn't crazy! This should be a bit more intuitive, however. It shouldn't be a revelation figuring out how to use this functionality. 

That works!! Well done I agree though; It should not be so difficult to do and it should be more intuitive.

thanks, you mean every time we have a meeting we have to paste a new link ?

Looks like it, (for now).

Daniel45
Listener

Thanks, this lack of understanding of the customer on behalf of zoom results in a waste of time; in 2024 it’s inadmissible how this feature can not be automatically added;