cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video image skewed far right

Hans_Solo
Listener

Until recently my video framing was fine.  Now it's right skewed.

I launch create or join a Zoom meeting (Basic or Premium) and the video of me is now skewed to the right heavily.  Normally, when I'm in front of my laptop and typing the view/video of me is centered.  Now, with me typing the video of me via Zoom is heavily right skewed so that I have "half a face".

What can be done to correct this?  The video quality is normal.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tx, JDott16... I wasn't able to find the Direct3D9 but I did switch to HD mode and that worked.

So, Zoom appears to work now with the Firefox and Chrome browsers.  My system Bios etc are all up-to-date even before the change to HD mode.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jdott16
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

@Hans_Solo 

You can resolve this by checking the following settings in your Zoom desktop client under the Video settings: Adjust for low light, touch up appearance, and HD (if you have HD enabled on the web).  Log out of the app and then sign back in. If the problem still persists after those settings are checked, you can also go into the advanced settings under Video, and then flip the Video Rendering Method to: Direct3D9.

Thank you.

Tx, JDott16... I wasn't able to find the Direct3D9 but I did switch to HD mode and that worked.

So, Zoom appears to work now with the Firefox and Chrome browsers.  My system Bios etc are all up-to-date even before the change to HD mode.

StefanScherbik
Participant

Sometimes when something like that happens, you have to try updating your computer's BIOS and/or video drivers.  These should be available on the manufacturer's website (for instance, my company has Dell Latitude laptops, and I can always google "Dell Latitude 5420 drivers" for instance to bring up the drivers for this model, then I can search for BIOS and download/run the BIOS update).

I've had people with similar issues where the video got skewed or the colors got messed up, and updating BIOS usually fixes it (sometimes the video driver as well).

Tx. Stefan...

My system was verified by Dell so we're all up to date.  No changes in this area was made but I did make the change to HD mode which currently appears to have corrected the issue.

Appreciate your ideas and thoughts as they were helpful!