cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video glitching and distorted

glong
Listener

Both I and some of my coworkers have been experiencing the same video glitch. Our feed will freeze, then start playing about a 1 second loop of the last video it took (so if I was shaking my head before the glitch started, it will loop a video of me shaking my head) and the top fourth of my head will turn into static, like the kind you get on old TVs. It makes us look like we're in a horror movie. This glitch will go in and out, but it glitches way more often than not. We all use the blurred background feature, which is why I think the static is perfectly situated within our heads. Do we all need a software update or something?

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @glong yes! I would first suggest updating to see if that resolves your issue. Knowing a couple of Zoom versions back there was a camera wonkiness fix. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @skyword @Jacob90 can you both please share the version of Zoom you are currently running? As of today, I am running 5.13.7. 

@skyword I would suggest your students download the Zoom desktop client/app from https://zoom.us/download. Here is a KB on Downloading the Zoom desktop client and mobile app

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Jacob90
Listener

We have the same issue when using multiple types of Logitech camera.

skyword
Listener

I have only one student that this happens with.  The screen freezes and continue that "loop" of movement recorded....repeating repeating.  I see some green in the malady.  The only way to correct it so that we can continue our meeting is for her to turn off her video and then turn it back on.  Sometimes that works, sometimes it is just a few minutes before it starts again.  Does anyone have a fix?  She does not have Zoom downloaded onto her computer, I think she just accesses it online, then enters my Personal  Meeting ID.  Thanks so much!