cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video delay when joining a Zoom meeting

Biker77
Listener

Hi there, 

When starting a Zoom meeting, joining a Zoom meeting, or just going to the video settings in Zoom, it takes about 10 seconds before my video feed starts.  When I trigger the above actions, my laptop's camera light comes on, but the screen is black (see attached screenshot). I wait 5-10 seconds, the camera light flashes, and only then the video starts.

The camera I use is "FaceTime HD Camera (built-in)".  I'm using Macbook Pro 2021 . 

When I go to the camera app, it shows the video feed right away.  When  I use other apps, like Google meet, it also comes up right away. Seems to be localized issue.

Any thoughts how to troubleshoot this?

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Biker77, interesting observation... in your Video settings within the Zoom Client > choose your Camera as 'Same As System' and see if that helps. If not, I would suggest uninstalling Zoom and reinstalling Zoom, and let me know if that helps!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Biker77
Listener

For the video settings, I have the option of only the in-built camera. I did not see "same as system" in video settings.

I uninstalled, rebooted the laptop and re-installed, but unfortunately the same issue,

I should add that I'm using bootcamp with Macbook to run Windows 10. Is this related to Mac bootcamp perhaps?

(Sorry if double post, not sure if my earlier reply got posted).

Biker77
Listener

Just checking if anyone knows before I give up 😁

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same thing on my Lenovo thinkpad windows11, thank you!

Nope, I still have the same issue. Workaround was to get an external webcam and I use that now.  Works for my needs.

amybuckley
Listener

I am having this issue, too! I am using an external camera (Logitech) and a ThinkPad X1 I purchased in 2023. Mine lags for probably closer to 30-45 seconds at the beginning of every Zoom. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and no change.