cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Recording Size Always Different

Sadasiva108
Listener

I often do 2 day conferences on the weekend.
Many times, like this past weekend, on Saturday the recorded video size was 1280x1036, then on Day 2 the recorded video was 1954x1036. 
I did not change any settings, so why does the recording size change.
On both days my presentation was exactly the same, using participant video and a screen share of a pdf,.. etc.
Nothing different at all between the 2 days and I am not changing or "setting" the video zie anything in the system. 

So, my question really is, *What determines the size of the recorded video?* 

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Sadasiva108, was the 'Record active speaker with shared screen' setting is enabled? The resolution for the cloud recording will be the sum of the largest screen share resolution + the video thumbnail during a screen share. I.e., adding 480 width of the speaker’s video. Or did you “Optimize for Video Clip” when sharing? With that enabled, the ending resolution of sharing will change from 1920x1080 to 1280x720.

Hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I think this is wrong, or it is not happening. Please see the 2 screenshots.. This happens ALL THE TIME.. and the video looks awful, because on the second video size, 1920x1080 - it is hard to see the print on the screen, with all of that black space. I am not changing ANYTHING on the settings.

alexanderbaker
Listener

Same thing here. I get all sorts of different video sizes. Isn't there a setting where you just tell Zoom what size video to record?

"The resolution for the cloud recording will be the sum of the largest screen share resolution + the video thumbnail during a screen share. I.e., adding 480 width of the speaker’s video."

Um, OK. But what if I am recording to my computer? And where do I control the size of the screen share resolution?

Petravanvliet
Listener

I have exactly the same thing. As I read this comments there is not a real answer found yet?