cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Freezes during the meeting

MGR
Listener

Hi,

I am the attendee of a zoom meeting. The host is talking and my screen freezes all of a sudden for about 30 seconds. Then the video will begin again. The message will come up poor internet connection, however, my internet is working fine. Is there a setting on my computer that I have turned on or off that needs to be reset ?  Any ideas ?

This happens about every 5 minutes during the 60 minute call.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! One way to resolve video freezing if you are sure that you are running a good internet connection is to make sure that you are on the latest release of Zoom. 

As you can see in this release note here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4407803593101-Release-notes-for-August-30-2021, we recently resolved an issue with AMD processors for video freezing. Suppose you go to your settings in the Zoom meeting client and then go to statistics. You can view your video feed. I will post a screenshot below to show you where this setting lives. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 7.47.37 PM.png

Because I am not in a Zoom meeting right now, my statistics page is empty, but you can view your real-time statistics and see just how good your internet connection is during a Zoom meeting. A good connection will be around 20 to 30 fps or frames per second. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

srod
Listener

can't find the statistics

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

To see the stats;

• In the meeting click  on the green shield in the top, left corner
  • Click on the gear icon
  • A new window will open, click on the statistics tab

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!