cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Distortion

drakerdad
Listener

When I use Zoom on my desktop computer, the video picture that I see of me is distorted. See pic. Other members of the Zoom session tell me that my picture on their end is fine, no distortion. I had this problem on a previous computer and thought that it was a video card problem. However, I changed the video card (three different times) and it persisted. I bought a new computer and exactly the same problem occurred. I do not have this problem on a laptop which uses the same internet resources and sits adjacent to the desktop. Any suggestions as to cause or cure?

zoom video problem.PNG

zoom video problem 2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi nancyc and others

Thanks folks - the situation was resolved when I downloaded the newest version of Zoom app / client.

I suggested this to other people with the same problem and it fixed it for them too

All the best, Graham 🙂

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

nancyc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi drakerdad,

Has the camera been the same the entire time?  Your image that you are seeing is your local camera image.  It stays local on your network.  (ie...your reflection image on the Zoom meeting doesn't go to the Zoom cloud and back to your desk). There may be an issue with your camera if it has been the same one throughout this experience.

Thank you,

Nancy

Image is pixelated since today's update. Zoom camera is useless. Please help.  Thank you!

nancyc

Hi Amelia13,

Can you try another camera or the laptop's camera?  It is probably local to the system and not related to the Zoom update.

Thank you,

Nancy

Nancy

I have the same thing as Amedlia 13. Began immediately after the update loaded. I think it definitely is something about the update. I never had a problem with Zoom before.

bsg017
Listener

I have a similar problem with vertical stripes only but the camera works fine with Skype.  A relative had the same problem as me until a message from Zoom about an update, and then there were no problems.   How do I get the necessary update?

GrahamJ
Listener

I'm having a similar problem. I saw this fix on Reddit, and several people seem to be happy with it. I have implimented it but need to see if it works, the next time I go into a zoom meeting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Zoom/comments/mtvi4r/my_video_is_distorted/

Thank you for reddit.com suggestion.   Firstly, did it work?  Secondly, is this video setting once you go into zoom or is it somewhere else on the computer I need to look?  Thank you, Mand

No, the reddit thing didnt but this did:

Hi nancyc and others

Thanks folks - the situation was resolved when I downloaded the newest version of Zoom app / client.

I suggested this to other people with the same problem and it fixed it for them too

All the best, Graham

GrahamJ_0-1679825361803.png

Thanks Graham.  It worked for me too. Mand

Mand
Listener

My distortion is my image flashing and swopping with other people's images in the group.  I too have no problem on skype but have to keep switching off my video picture on zoom as it is quite disturbling.

Franzl
Listener

I have seen the same video distortion in our Zoom meetings. 

Just like Mand described it:  The distortion is my image flashing and swapping with other people's images in the group. — It is seemingly more prevalent among people with older hardware. The distortion is usually found in the upper part of the video image, which appears to be swapped out against some other participant's video, two side by side. I have added a screen capture of the recording. It has been happening only for about 4 months, and is very disturbing.

I have been experiencing the same issue for a few weeks, now (and I updated my Zoom just before it started).

Mand
Listener

Hello again all - I tried Graham Js suggestion - and unfortunately it hasnt made any difference.  Has anyone from Zoom got any suggestions for us that might work as this problem only relates to my zoom image not to Facetime, Skype or Googlemeet.  And in my case I have to switch off the image because that is what the others are seeing too and its disturbing.   Thank you, Mand

nancyc

Hi Mand,

It may be best at this point to open a Support ticket so the Engineers can look at your issue.  Please include a Zoom meeting ID where the problem most recently occurred.  Also please include the screenshots you posted in the forum. 

Thank you,

Nancy

Hi nancyc and others

All the best, Graham 🙂

The issue appears to be resolved for me as well. It might have been caused by a Zoom update, or it could be that we only allow registered users in our Zoom meetings, and that one must access the meeting through the Zoom app.