cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using two devices (tablet and computer/laptop)

fultonm
Listener

When using multiple devices for Zoom there are several inconveniences during a normal meeting flow. I use a tablet (iPad) as my main meeting device, because I can walk around with it and it's a lot more convenient. But, often I need to use functionality on the computer or share my screen. These are some of the main problems I constantly have to deal with:

• Can't join on a computer without create a second, duplicate entity for myself in the meeting.
  • Can't share my computer screen without joining the meeting again (typing in the meeting ID, passcode, e.t.c).
  • After joining the meeting as a duplicate entity, the chat log is empty so and link I see on the tablet that I need to visit on the computer is not available.

I think viewing the chat log and sharing screen functionality should be available across all device since we are logged in and authenticated with the same Zoom account.

In the mean time, it would go a log way to add a "Join here" button alongside the "Switch" button when viewing Zoom on another device.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Look at these two wonderful options within Microsoft teams  😃

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @fultonm love the feedback here on how you're using Zoom and the functionality within Zoom! Did you see my response on your other discussion Share computer screen while joined in Audio/Video on iPad ? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

That's not the expected solution. I'm connecting to webinars with a link that leads to a pre-registration page and only then the page connects to the session. So I'm also looking for the solution to switch between pc/iphone/ipad.

Is it possible?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @barakhman should be able to! When joining the meeting, leave the meeting on the current device and rejoin on the other device.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Just implement better multi device support please. I’m happy my new company is using Microsoft Teams. Sure it’s not perfect but it supports multiple devices and everything works.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @fultonm appreciate the feedback here! If you don't mind sending this over to https://zoom.us/feed as we take all feedback into consideration there. Thank you!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I already did that multiple times a long long time ago. Thanks though 🙂

Look at these two wonderful options within Microsoft teams  😃