cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using line input for audio on a Mac, intermittent problems

Dan-T
Listener

I’m using zoom on an Apple Macintosh, and I’ve used various audio interfaces with difficulty. The audio device shows up in the audio settings window of zoom, but when I click on it to test it, the meter doesn’t move and I can’t hear the playback of the test.  I switch to an alternate, same story. Only the internal microphone works with no problem.

This happens with a USB audio interface, and with the line input of the Macintosh itself. I go into the mac’s audio midi setup utility, and fiddle around with different sample rate and bit rates, changing the system input to the one I want, and eventually something works but it’s not consistent. Why doesn’t it just work?

The other problem I have with audio is that after I’ve done the audio test and it works, and I join with computer audio, I’m still muted even though I am the host. Am I missing a preference or a menu setting?

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Dan-T, can you share the name of the audio interface you're using with Zoom? 

You can also look into this Paytm Insider guide on Audio Optimization For Zoom.us here https://insider.in/audio-optimization-for-zoom/article (not sure if this will help but good info here! 🙂)

Looking forward to your response! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!