cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a tablet for Zoom meeting

Thomas_Cloherty
Listener

Hi everyone,

I'm using a tablet (Amazon Fire) to run a meeting and need to know what functions are and aren't available in comparison to using a laptop. Can anyone please tell me?
Thanks in advance

Thomas

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Thomas_Cloherty , the main differences between tablet and laptop for meetings is that on tablets, you cannot Screen Share and see video at the same time.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

IP-Man

Power point with embedded video will still be shown to the participant. However, when you screen share, you will not be able to see the participants at the same time.

Cheers!

IP-Man

Yes participants should be able to see you and use chats and Q&A and yes as well for doing usual functions after stopping screen sharing.

Cheers!

6 REPLIES 6

IP-Man

@Thomas_Cloherty , the main differences between tablet and laptop for meetings is that on tablets, you cannot Screen Share and see video at the same time.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Thanks very much for your reply and expertise, IP Man! Does that mean if I screen share a PowerPoint presentation with a video embedded, it won't show? Will I still be able to see other attendees if I share my screen? (I have a paid Zoom subscription, in case that makes any difference)

IP-Man

Power point with embedded video will still be shown to the participant. However, when you screen share, you will not be able to see the participants at the same time.

Cheers!

Thomas_Cloherty
Listener

I really appreciate your help! One last question (I think!) Will attendees still be able to see me (thumbnail) and will we still be able to use chat and Q&A while screen sharing? And I assume when I stop the screen share, we'll be able to do ahead usual functions 🤨

IP-Man

Yes participants should be able to see you and use chats and Q&A and yes as well for doing usual functions after stopping screen sharing.

Cheers!

Wonderful - thanks again, and I hope you have a great weekend 😀