cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Canon T5i camera on zoom

Phill
Listener

When using a T5i as a camera to record by Sharing a screen it would seem that there is no need to record on the camera can anyone confirm that this is true?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Phill thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! If you are using this camera for your Zoom meeting, you can definitely record the Zoom meeting either to your local computer or to the Zoom cloud if you are a licensed user, aka have a paid account at some level. Depending on your purpose, a Zoom cloud recording may be high enough quality and it may be perfect for your application. Especially if you wanted to share the cloud recording with others and such, having a Zoom cloud recording provides a link where they can stream it, you can put a passcode on it, you can allow people to download (but you don't have to), that kind of thing. 

If you are looking to record directly on the camera, it would likely be higher quality playback, but it would only be capturing what the camera sees and not the entire meeting. 

I hope these thoughts help? You can always do a short meeting and test just to see what works best for you! 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jeremyjustin

Hi @Phill thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! If you are using this camera for your Zoom meeting, you can definitely record the Zoom meeting either to your local computer or to the Zoom cloud if you are a licensed user, aka have a paid account at some level. Depending on your purpose, a Zoom cloud recording may be high enough quality and it may be perfect for your application. Especially if you wanted to share the cloud recording with others and such, having a Zoom cloud recording provides a link where they can stream it, you can put a passcode on it, you can allow people to download (but you don't have to), that kind of thing. 

If you are looking to record directly on the camera, it would likely be higher quality playback, but it would only be capturing what the camera sees and not the entire meeting. 

I hope these thoughts help? You can always do a short meeting and test just to see what works best for you! 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!