cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Slides as Virtual Screen

chobe
Listener

Powerpoint as Virtual Sreen option is greyed out under sharing options.  This is for a personal meeting so I am host, version of zoom is current as of this moring,.   I haved followed supports recommendation to be sure Virtual Backgrouds are enabled.  Is this feature available to user with Basic plan?  Is there something else that is missing?

2 REPLIES 2

TomO
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Are you able to have a virtual background without a green screen in a meeting? According to this support article, a paid subscription is not a requirement.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360046912351-Sharing-slides-as-a-Virtual-Background

chobe
Listener

OK, Finally thing I figure out what the problem was.  I did not have powerpoint on same machine - slide was created on different computer.  Once I downloaded Office 2021 then share powerpoint as virtual background was enabled.  

However, when I open the slide in pp slide show and I click on action button, the linked document opens in a web browser - exactly what I wanted!  Once I start a meeting the hyperlink does not work for me as host or my participants which is the whole point - being able to share a document with each participant available to them on there browser.  Am I still missing something?