cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users unable to unmute and/ or start video on zoom in a breakout room

HostBrooke7
Listener

We hold a bigger zoom session in my office, and we like to hold our meetings in a breakout room. When bringing certain devices in that breakout room where we are holding our meetings, they are unable to start their video or unmute, it is like their device is frozen for them but are still able to hear. To resolve this issue, we have to have to move everyone back to the main session where they are able to unmute and start video. It becomes a big problem for us because we have to bring everyone back in that breakout room when we are done with that particular device. 

Has anyone had this issue before? and if so, was there a solution to this issue? 

thank you!!

7 REPLIES 7

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @HostBrooke7 this could be individual participants not being up-to-date ensuring to update Zoom to the latest version. Also ensuring you as the host or participants are not having any Wireless (WiFi) Connection Issues

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Learn2read
Listener

We are facing the same issue where participants in the meeting suddenly get frozen and are not able to unmute or start their video. This is not one isolated issue this is increasing everyday and multiple users are complaining about the same thing now.

This needs to be resolved URGENTLY.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I first noticed the same problem after upgrading to the latest version of zoom.  I will try to install an older version and see if that fixes the problem.

i faced this issue on version 5.17.5 (2543). Old 5.16.10 works fine.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @hasculdr could you please attempt to update to 5.17.10 - the latest version of Zoom maybe resolved this. Try Updating Zoom to the latest version to see if you're still experiencing issues. 5.16.10 is relatively an older version; as Zoom releases regular updates, please update and let me know if you're still having issues. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thank you for your answer, i'll check it on next friday (i don't have any meetings with the problem host).

5.17.10 (3512) works fine, thanks.