cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users getting kicked out - joining method the cause?

minalill
Listener

1.  We have monthly meetings that last for several hours. The meetings are hosted by the same user who shares their screen with the same 5 users. I don't know what plan the host has.  

2. In the first meeting me and 2 other users were kicked out after app. 40 minutes. At the next meeting 1 user was kicked out after 40 minutes.  

3. I joined the first meeting by clicking the link in the email. I got in to the meeting without having to supply meeting ID and passcode and got kicked out as described above. In the second meeting I joined by logging in to my Zoom account, click Join Meeting, supplied meeting ID and passcode. I was not kicked out. I know the user who could got kicked out joined by clicking the link. 

4. Question: Could the different methods of joining a meeting be the cause of users getting kicked out?

1 REPLY 1

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@minalill 

Joining methods on a meeting does not affect the 40 min meeting limits, the license of the host does.

Please see detailed limitations on Basic Licensed vs Licensed Users  in here >> Time limits for idle meetings.

Hope this helps!

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!