cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User continually having to reinstall Zoom client every time they start a meeting

jeff_scroggs
Listener

Can someone please help? Every time one of my users has to start a Zoom meeting, whether hosting it or joining someone else's meeting, it forces them to redownload and reinstall the Zoom client. Running on a Windows machine using Google Chrome. As an online teacher, they are constantly going in and out of meetings, so this is eating up a good deal of their time. I've had them completely uninstall and reinstall without success. Multiple reboots of their computer haven't helped either. Does anyone know why this would happen and a way to make it stop happening? Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Haven't been able to find any articles or troubleshooting tips on this particular issue any where.

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

It kind of sounds like somebody applied a security product on the computer that ensures and protects the baseline installation and configuration. Meaning it allows the installation of a software product during the current Windows session, but then either per a clock or shutdown/logoff it rolls the system back to the baseline.

This could be tested by having the individual install a different software product such as a simple text editing program and video player, then logoff/shutdown, restart/login and see if the software program is still there or not.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

I have the same problem, need to re-install the Zoom client each time to join a meeting. When joining a meeting, a dialog box pops up to ask to open the Zoom client, but nothing happens. I would then click on the download link to install the client and then the Zoom client would open up to join the meeting.

As I have several Zoom meetings to join per day, I have to do this each time. So it's not a security feature that removes the client after a shutdown.

I fixed the problem by uninstalling the Zoom client from the Control Panel and then reinstalling. That fixed this problem.