cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Settings Override Account Settings

bfamoso
Listener

We have users who have had to transfer their accounts from the individual level to our Education account. With this transfer, the old settings the user has established do not change when added to our groups. 

I found in a KB article that the settings don't get updated when previously modified by a user. "Most settings are controlled individually rather than as a group, with each option controlled by its own toggle. If you enable a setting at the account level, that becomes the default setting for all groups and users in the account unless the setting had been previously disabled by a group or user."

Is it possible to avoid this scenario? Or somehow override those existing individual settings to match our account?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @bfamoso 

I think this is where the importance of locked settings come into play. If you have Group settings as just enabled or disabled (not locked), that becomes the default for new users, but users that have already defined their settings would be unaffected when joining the account. On the other hand, if you have those same settings enabled/disabled at the Group level AND locked as such, you are requiring the settings as such, which would affect any users put into that group, regardless of if they are a brand new users or just a user newly added to the account. 

If you wanted to enforce a particular set of defaults, without requiring the settings as such (by locking them on or off), you could potentially add the user to a dummy group with the same settings as the final group you will put them in, but with those settings locked on or off, and once that has been applied to the user's settings, move them in to the normal group, where is is still just the default and not locked. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @bfamoso 

Is your concern the following?
"I want to match the settings of a newly incorporated user into my account to the account's default settings, but I'm having trouble confirming this."

If so, here is an easy way to find out where each individual's settings differ from the account's default settings.
In the Zoom Web Portal (https://zoom.us), settings that differ from the account's default settings are marked with a "Modified Reset" so you can quickly find them.
Clicking on "Reset" will make the item the same as the account's default settings.

Ohkawa_0-1660882959533.png