cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Basic back to Pro or Business - can I reinstate my previous account settings?

Teffels
Listener

Hi!

I am curious about the following scenario:

If I downgrade from a Zoom Meetings Pro or Business plan to a Basic plan and later on upgrade again to a Zoom Meetings Pro or Business plan using the same email address/account log in details, will I be able to reinstate my previous account settings, including all my licenses, add-ons, cloud recordings, contact details etc. or will I start from scratch with a new Zoom Meetings plan?

Thanks for the help!

8 REPLIES 8

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Generally your settings, contacts, and meetings will be unaffected by the downgrade, although you will lose access to certain features. When you re-subscribe, you will need to repurchase the desired add-ons and assign them to users on your account, as that is never automatic. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi Bort,

Thanks for the fast response. That is helpful and confirms what I thought.

Best,

Stephanie

Hi Bort,

Actually, as a follow up question: could you clarify what you mean by "meetings and settings" will be unaffected? Does that just mean that I can still schedule meetings with a unique URL? I am sure I will loose all my unique URLs that are being generated when for instance setting up a Webinar. What settings will stay the same?

Bort

Unfortunately a Vanity URL is only available for Business accounts, so when you downgrade that will be automatically removed from your account. Any new meetings you schedule will have the generic link and your existing links with the custom URL will still be functional. 

The Vanity URL is more of a feature for your account, rather than a specific setting. The settings on the Settings page will be unaffected. 

Hi Bort,

Thank you for your response. Sorry for double checking as I am a bit confused by "Any new meetings you schedule will have the generic link and your existing links with the custom URL will still be functional. " Does that mean, that I will still have access to a webinar link that I created using the webinar add-on even though I might have downgraded to Basic since then?

Thanks for the help!

Bort

No, only links to meetings that are still active will still be functional. If the meeting has already expired or you no longer have the webinar license, links to those sessions are no longer active and would be non-functional, whether or not you have a vanity URL or not. 

Hi borts, if I upgrade my free plan to a pro plan after months on not paying, willl I still have access to my cloud recording as I can’t access them on the free plan and it keeps saying that the plan is expired 

I’ll appreciate some help

Cheers 

jpignatiello
Listener

Along a similar topic.  If I upgrade my Pro plan to a Business plan would the users' Personal Meeting ID and Host Key change or would it remain the same?