cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Zoom account

trachtenberg
Listener

If my Zoom account is currently basic, but it gets attached to a license at my institution, does that change the meeting links for meetings I already scheduled? (Context: I am hosting a conference and they're attaching my Zoom to one of their ten licenses just for the day. I have to get the meeting links made a few days in advance. Will they still work?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @trachtenberg 

The links may change when joining a different account, but only in that their vanity URL may be applied (zoom.us/j/123456 may become company.zoom.us/j/123456). The link will still work in that case and the meeting ID will not be affected by the account change. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @trachtenberg 

The links may change when joining a different account, but only in that their vanity URL may be applied (zoom.us/j/123456 may become company.zoom.us/j/123456). The link will still work in that case and the meeting ID will not be affected by the account change. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

trachtenberg
Listener

Thanks Bort - so, to clarify, if I had already hyperlinked the original link in there without the vanity URL, that hyperlink will still work?