cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade an Account then Downgrade

pzraidi
Listener

Hello - we currently have a Pro Zoom One plan. For one month only, we will need to run maybe 5 or 6 simultaneous meetings. Is it possible to upgrade to the Business plan for one month only (10 licenses) and then downgrade back to the Pro plan the next month?  Or is there another option to having more than one license for one month.  Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @pzraidi 

Yes, it is possible to upgrade your account, then downgrade before the end of that month, so the renewal is not charged to you. Just keep track of when you upgrade and when the renewal date is, so that you can be sure to downgrade your plan. 

Also, you do not need to upgrade to a Business account, as you can just purchase additional licenses on a Pro account, rather than going for the Business account which has a minimum of 10 licenses. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

S_K

Hi Dimaro,

We have a Large Meeting add-on. It looks like 500 Participants Meeting would fit your needs. Since I can't see your account, I can't make a recommendation. We also have Webinar 500 - 1 Month. If all 200 people don't need to be seen and heard at the same time, this could be an option for you. In Webinars, Chat and Q&A options are available. You can disable Chat so only the host can post there.

To really dig in to see what best fits your needs, you can always Contact Sales for a more detailed review.

If my reply helped guide you in the right direction, please click the Accept as Solution button. This helps others with the same question.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bort

Hi @pzraidi 

Yes, it is possible to upgrade your account, then downgrade before the end of that month, so the renewal is not charged to you. Just keep track of when you upgrade and when the renewal date is, so that you can be sure to downgrade your plan. 

Also, you do not need to upgrade to a Business account, as you can just purchase additional licenses on a Pro account, rather than going for the Business account which has a minimum of 10 licenses. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you!!!

Hello. We added a license then my co-worker said they don't need the license anymore. Is there a way to downgrade but also get a refund for the second license?

Thank you.

Dimaro
Listener

I have a Pro account billed annually.  If I upgrade to Business plan for one month to host a meeting for about 200 people, would I automatically go back to the Pro plan after I cancel the month of Business plan?  

Bort

That's a bit more complicated of a situation, so I'd recommend reaching out to someone on our Sales or Billing teams to answer that question. @S_K would you be able to explain if this is possible? 

S_K

Hi Dimaro,

We have a Large Meeting add-on. It looks like 500 Participants Meeting would fit your needs. Since I can't see your account, I can't make a recommendation. We also have Webinar 500 - 1 Month. If all 200 people don't need to be seen and heard at the same time, this could be an option for you. In Webinars, Chat and Q&A options are available. You can disable Chat so only the host can post there.

To really dig in to see what best fits your needs, you can always Contact Sales for a more detailed review.

If my reply helped guide you in the right direction, please click the Accept as Solution button. This helps others with the same question.

Cheers!

Dimaro
Listener

I did see that option, but that's $50 extra for one month.  That's too much. I can swing $19.99 for one month.  I have a friend who has a free zoom account, but upgrades for a month 4x a year to do a small meeting longer than an hour.  I was hoping to do a similar thing, but since I already pay for Pro it's a little different.