cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates for Zoom Add In for Outlook crashes

PeterMoss99
Listener

For the last week or so updates to the Zoom Add In for Outlook crash as the installer can't find 5.8.0.110.msi. I've tried removing the Add In and reinstalling but with no joy - same problem. I can't seem to find any site I can download 5.8.0.110.msi so that the installer finds it. Any ideas, suggestions would be most welcome. Be safe.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
17 REPLIES 17

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @PeterMoss99, we suggest to update/download the most recent version of the Zoom Outlook Plugin (Version 5.8.6.119) as well as running the latest version of Zoom (Version 5.9.0)

You can download it via: http://zoom.us/download
(Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook)

To un-install this plugin, you can visit your list of installed programs and uninstall the 'Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi RN. Many thanks for taking an interest in my small problem – appreciated. Yes – I can confirm that I’m on the latest version of 5.9.0. Yes – I have downloaded the plugin but did it again as per your advice. Yes – I’ve tried before to uninstall via Windows 10 Settings but the uninstall fails with the same problem – the missing 5.8.0.110.msi file. I tried everything again – same problem. I’ll try and attach screen shots.

Hey @PeterMoss99 @JohnnyB gotcha, because the plugin did not get uninstalled, I believe we need to try the following:
1. Download the Outlook plugin installer 
2. Rename the msi from "ZoomOutlookPluginSetup.msi" to "5.8.0.110.msi file." or whatever version you're on.
3. Move the newly renamed msi installer to the folder path that Windows is looking for (as displayed in the "User Source" path in the screenshot below)

RN_0-1640704699523.png

4. Try installing the latest Outlook plugin again, and if you receive this prompt to locate the installation package, please browse to that file path and select the 5.8.0.110.msi installer.

Let me know if that helps! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hi @RN. I followed your instructions (thank you) to the letter but the Zoom Add In seems not to be fooled by a rename – it wants the ‘true’ 5.8.0.110.msi file. I also tried offering it 5.9.0.191.msi (the latest version) but it wasn’t happy. I’ve added some screen shots. A silly question - can the installation program not over come this issue itself?

Hey @PeterMoss99, when double-clicking on the installer are you able to go through the process?  Rather than trying to source it in the file path? 

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 5.19.56 PM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hi there @RN  thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and got a funny error message (see attachments) which I clicked continue. But the installation took me back to wanting the 5.8.0.110.msi file.

JohnnyB
Listener

Hi, 

I have exact he same problem,since weeks. Some automatic programm tries to update Zoom Outlook Plugin, bat fails when trying to find old version 5.8.0.110.msi .

I have no problem to update Zoom Desktop in general

Any idea how to get rid of this annoying update try?

Many Thanks

Johnny B.

lstewart
Listener

I've also been encountering the same issue for several weeks.  Tried all the same things mentioned above, but I still can't seem to uninstall that previous version.  And can't seem to update to the newest version without first uninstalling the old version, so I'm stuck as well.  Any suggestions?

Hi @Istewart. I'm equally stuck - tried everything. If one could download the 'true' 5.8.0.110.msi file I think the install would go through but I can't find any place that houses this file. Short of that, I hope Zoom update the installer to overcome this missing file and do what needs to be done in order to progress the installation. (@RN)

tjanes98
Listener

Same issue here, I've tried everything above.  @Anonymous please share the old plugin msi's so we can move past this issue!!

AKCAS
Listener

we have the same issue. please help @Anonymous 

AKCAS
Listener

Hi there, i found a way to uninstall the Plugin.

I downloaded the old version from this site https://www.manageengine.com/products/desktop-central/patch-management/Zoom-Outlook-Plugin-patches.h...

, renamed it and it worked.

Hi. Wonderful! But I tried and wasn't able to download. I was told by their support person "Sorry Peter, this is a dedicated support line for manage engine products "Patch Manager Plus and Desktop Central". Are you able to post the file here so I can pick it up? 🙏

tjanes98
Listener

My IT guy helped me find the file direct from Zoom...  Try this link:

https://cdn.zoom.us/prod/5.8.3.136/ZoomOutlookPluginSetup.msi 

I renamed the downloaded file, and put it in the CheckforUpdates folder, and voila!

Thank you very much, after months of struggling it worked!!!

Hey @tjanes98  Thank you sooooooooo much for this. I downloaded the 5.8.0.110.msi file and the update went through. Brill! 🤜🤛 I've been asking Zoom for this file for m-o-n-t-h-s. Thanks, biggly.