cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming meetings - how an administrator can check if a user's meeting are expired

merretbr
Listener

I am a zoom administrator and am often asked about the state of upcoming meetings, particulary when the user no longer works for the business.  Our offboarding process is to check for the departed users meetings and then ask the manager of the user what should occur with the meeting(s). We do not have access to the users outlook calendar which is no help.

The question I raise is: when we find upcoming meetings are they just current ones or can they be a mixture of current and expired meetings. If a mixture how can we determine those that are expired so that we can delete them before emailing the manager.

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi,

You can use the upcoming meetings report, at https://www.zoom.us/account/report/upcomings. If you know some details of the future meeting, you can also use them to search for a specific one. 

You can use this document as a reference:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363213-Getting-started-with-Zoom-reporting

And of course, you can always reach out to Zoom Tech support.

Cheers,

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

Hi,

Thanks for the info supplied.

I have a further question, "if I can see meetings in a users upcoming meetings list does that means that they are not expired". For example in my own meetings list I have a recurring meeting that I know is active and I also have 3 meetings with the same meeting name but different meeting ids. I presumed that those 3 meetings were expired meetings but perhaps they are still live.

Unfortunately my business does not pay much attention to off boarding of users once they leave. Subsequently I review user accounts & make decisions about the meetings they have left behind. Some may require reassignment to other hosts and others deleted. I was hoping that expired meetings do not show in the meetings list but if they do then I was looking at how to determine if they were expired so they can be deleted first.

Hope that this helps with my question above.

Many thanks for your help so far.

ZoomZoom

Hi,

If a meeting shows in this report, then at the time of report generation, it is still valid. 

Regarding offboarding, I would advise to delete user accounts. At deletion you have the option to Transfer Data then Delete or Delete Now Without Data Transfer. Transferring data allows to transfer meetings, webinars, and cloud recordings to another user. The other email address will need to be a Licensed user to transfer cloud recordings and have a webinar license to transfer webinars. If you chose with data transfer ALL will be gone.

For reference: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005269946-Deactivating-unlinking-or-deleting-users-from...

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz