cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unused virtual cameras, speakers and microphones

juergiboe
Listener

I use the macOS Zoom-client. I recently testet a number of virtual cameras. I don't use them any longer. The items yet stay in the camera-list, How can I get rid of these obsolete items?

9 REPLIES 9

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You need to ensure that those virtual cameras are uninstall on the OS-level as well, since Zoom is just querying the OS for a list of camera devices. Once those are removed from the OS devices list, Zoom should update as well. I would also suggest a quick restart after uninstalling them, as it may be something that takes a restart to refresh the list. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

juergiboe
Listener

Thank you. I uninstalled the virtual devices. But, I think they aren't deinstalled properly. There ist nothing more to uninstall. Look at the screenshot. The marked items I want to erase.

Bort

Leider bin ich unsicher, wie man diese virtuelle Geräte entfernt. Ich fand diese Video auf Youtube, die vielleicht Ihnen helfen würden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENok4wO7gYg

juergiboe
Listener

Hilft leider nicht. Im application folder sind die Webcams nicht mehr vorhanden.

Bort

Hmmm, haben Sie Ihr Computer heruntergefahren und wieder neu gestartet? Vielleicht hat es mit dem Cache zu tun. 

juergiboe
Listener

Ja, schon viele male.

YaBoiB

Hello, 

Are you seeing them in your about this mac > system report > camera? 

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 3.31.56 PM.png

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

No, I don‘t. Only the physical cameras built in MacBook display and Apple display (LG).

juergiboe
Listener

Nachdem ich mein MacBook in den Werkszustand versetzt und das neue komplett neu installiert habe (ohne Datenübertragung), sind die obsoleten Kameras verschwunden. Auch eine Lösung. Es wäre schön gewesen, wenn es einen einfacheren Weg gäbe.

Trotzdem vielen Dank für eure Bemühungen.