cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable connection with app and browsers in all meetings despite stable internet connection

Jost
Listener

Hi,

I've started using Zoom only a couple of weeks ago. Since then I've used it almost on a daily basis.

In every meeting I have connection problems. More or less every 10-15 minutes there's a connection problem arising for about 10 seconds, in that either the other person's video is freezing and the sound is gone, or their video keeps moving but the sound is gone. After that the notification "Unstable connection..." is shown and then it's fine again until the next time it happens.

It happens using the web app in Safari and Chrome as well as using the Zoom app, both when logged in to my account as well as when joining a meeting as a guest. When it's a group meeting, it only happens for me and all the other people's connections are fine.

It's definitely not my internet connection. I'm using a cable to connect to the router, no Wifi enabled. All other video chat/conference tools like Skype, Google Meet, Signal, Telegram and Jitsi work fine.

I'm using the Zoom app out of the box, without changes to the settings. "Touch up my appearance" is disabled.

My system is macOS 11.6.1 on a MacBook Pro 2018.

How can I troubleshoot this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's resolved in the end. I have been using v5.10.4 of the macOS zoom app for several weeks now and haven't experienced a single glitch.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Jost, some articles on Network configuration here at support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/201740166 if you're having connectivity problems. After expressing all the troubleshooting suggestions for your unstable connection, I would suggest contacting our Zoom technical support and they can further look into your issue. If you're having issues opening a ticket with our team I can help with that as well! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Jost
Listener

Thanks for your answer, @RN . I've submitted a ticket for the issue.

nemo1059
Listener

Please post what worked when you fiit out. I am having the same issue.

Thanks

It's still unresolved. Even though the glitches were gone for one or two conversations, they came back and there's no stability using the app. What I've been doing ever since is stay away from the app and use the browser version. No problems there.

Every couple of months I go back to updating the app and trying again, to no avail so far.

It's resolved in the end. I have been using v5.10.4 of the macOS zoom app for several weeks now and haven't experienced a single glitch.

nemo1059
Listener

Thanks for the information Jost. I will give the browser version a try and see how it goes.

Thanks again