cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninvited Guests Trying to Join Personal Meeting Room

kerithdilley
Listener

I just started receiving emails from Zoom with uninvited guests "has joined your personal meeting room" but no meeting is available. I don't know these guests. I'm sure this is easy but I can't seem to find easy info on how to block these people. I don't have a phone number - I only have the email from Zoom. I've submitted a ticket. I don't have paid support account, although I do have a pro account. The chatbot suggested I contact folx here.

I appreciate any solutions. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

WencesUnzueta
Community Champion | Customer

Hi kerithdilley, good afternoon.

All of us who are Zoom users (free and paid) have a personal meeting ID, with the aim of having our own personal room.

When you are a paid user, you can edit and change this ID and share it only with those people you want to have meetings with in your Personal Room.

Wences

WencesUnzueta

If at any time you had a meeting with one or more people from your personal ID, every time they enter that ID, they will enter your personal meeting room.

I suggest that you schedule meetings with a random ID with people you will be attending sporadically and that you only share your personal ID with your trusted contacts

Wences

WencesUnzueta

You can edit your personal ID from your user portal in the Profile section.

Wences