cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start zoom meetings/webinars from the web browser

GeniusU_Events
Listener

When opening zoom on the browser and click start meeting from there, then Launch meeting - the zoom desktop app launches BUT the meeting itself doesn't. It just brings me to the front page of the zoom desktop app. I've tried reinstalling zoom and clearing cache - there was even a point where zoom asked me to download it every time - with no results.

I am able to launch the meetings from the desktop app but this becomes a hassle when using multiple accounts which are necessary for my work where we use, at the very least, 3 accounts. It becomes annoying having login-logout from the browser to modify/edit meetings and webinars only to login-logout on the desktop app just to launch.
To clarify one thing, I am freely able to join already running meetings from the browser, it solely doesn't work when starting the meet/webinar.

6 REPLIES 6

kespo
Listener

Following. The same is happening to me.

Jenna-Fleur
Listener

I too am suddenly having the same problem.  

NoNoNo
Listener

Exactly the same issue here. I have two accounts- one for work, and one personal. I need to log out of one account to switch to the second, which is fine, but like you, I find the online meeting launch no longer seems to work at all. I can launch from the desktop app however - but its just a bit less intuitive. As with most software these days, always a time-wasting hassle.

kespo
Listener

Fixed! You have to update the zoom app and then it will launch from a link.

1. Open the zoom app

2. Click on your face in the upper right.

3. Choose "Check for updates"

4. Install updates (This takes a few minutes)

5. Restart computer

Thank you for this suggestion.  This worked for me!  I am very grateful for this reply!  Have a great one!

Jenna-Fleur
Listener

Thank you for this suggestion.  This worked for me!  I am very grateful for this reply!  Have a great one!