cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to share browser windows in Zoom

DrKaraB
Listener

When I try to share any browser window in a Zoom meeting all everyone sees is a black box.  I can share my desktop and other apps but I can not share anything in a browser window.  The weird thing is that I was able to share last week but this week it stopped working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am running the 64 bit version on a Windows 10 desktop computer.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom.  I have the latest update.   I have even tried toggling on and off the TCP connection.  Nothing fixes this.

3 REPLIES 3

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @DrKaraB thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! This is an unusual problem, I was curious if you have updated recently (Zoom or Windows updates) and then noticed the issue? 

Some things we can check

- We recently released a new version of software, 5.9.3 (sounds like you've updated, is this when things changed?)

- in your Zoom Client, it would be good to double check settings for content sharing. You can do this through the Zoom client

jeremyjustin_0-1643326018621.jpeg

Then under the "Share Screen" tab on the left, click "Advanced" at the bottom

jeremyjustin_1-1643326111440.jpeg

I believe these are the settings we need to tweak to see if the condition improves. Especially "Screen Capture Mode" as there are several options. 

You can actually leave this settings window open during a meeting even. Change a setting, stop screen share, start again and see if there is a different. If not, stop screen share, make another change, then try again. I believe tweaking these should help, can you please test and let us know? 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

That didn't work.  I tried it all.  I do have the latest version of Zoom.  There were two updates from Windows but those were on January 12th.  I noticed the problem this week.  Zoom worked fine last week which was after those updates.

jeremyjustin

Hi @DrKaraB thanks for the additional detail. Please keep an eye out on your email, we have opened a ticket on the back end for you and our support will be reaching out to troubleshoot further! 

I realize we didn't completely solve your issue but if this has been helpful please feel free to click "Accept as Solution" below. Thanks!