cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see participants in waiting room

ATTCH
Listener

Over the past 2 weeks we have had several instances (on multiple accounts) where participants say they are in the waiting room and getting the message waiting for host to start meeting yet the meeting has started and the participants are not visible to the host (even with participant and waiting room list expanded). This has been highly problematic! Thank you for any solutions you may have. 

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Let's assume that you're the host and the account owner who scheduled the meeting.

1. Start the Zoom application on your desktop
  2. Click on Sign In, and login with the Zoom credentials that you used when scheduling the meeting.
  3. If when you start the Zoom application it goes right to the Join, Schedule, Meetings screen, then click on the top-right profile icon and confirm that it is already logged into the Zoom account that scheduled the meeting.
  4. Click on the meetings tab and select the meeting you wish to start. You should see the button to Start, not Join. Click on Start
  5. Once the meeting has started you should see in the participants window that you are the host.
  6. Check to see if folks can now connect with success.

If there is still this issue being reported, then I would recommend confirming that the Meeting ID you are currently in as Host, is the same Meeting ID that they are trying to connect to.

You can click on the top-left, green shield icon to quickly see the Meeting ID.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Hello - this the same problem I'm facing - we're both seeing the same Meeting ID and my zoom is up to date so I'm not sure what the issue is. Please help

willjoe2442
Participant

Select the Participants icon from your main Zoom Toolbar. On your Participants window you will be able to see who is waiting and who is in the meeting. When you have two or more participants you can admit them all at once.

Regards,

Diana