cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to resolve error 5003

zoomuser5678
Listener

One of our employees is unable to connect to Zoom using the desktop app and keeps getting the 5003 error on an M1 Mac. The user does not have a firewall, VPN, anti-virus or proxy. Here's what we've tried:

1. Restarting Zoom.

2. Restarting the Mac.

3. Uninstalling via Zoom uninstall and reinstalling with proper M1 version of Zoom.

4. Reset Network settings.

5. Changed DNS.

6. Confirm no proxy interfering. 

7.  Confirmed correct permissions set via System Preferences.

8. Full modem reboot.

They are able to use Zoom via browser, just not the desktop app, so we know their account is working. They are able to use it on other devices as well.

Short of doing a full OS reinstall (which seems extreme and unnecessary), I'm stuck. Are there any other fixes we've missed?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @zoomuser5678! Welcome to the Community! I know you already said you've uninstalled Zoom, restarted your mac, and restarted Zoom. But could you try the following steps? I'm seeing some success with this method on some users also facing this issue with the M1 Mac.

1. Uninstall the desktop client by following the steps in the How to uninstall Zoom article

2. Install the latest version of the desktop client from https://zoom.us/download

3. Verify if the user is installing the correct zoom client based on their mac chip model. We have standard clients and Macs with Apple Silicon chips.

> It is very important to restart the computer after the uninstall and before the reinstall

NOTE: For users running Zoom on a Mac device with the M1 chip, they may need to download/install the Rosetta app in order to resolve this issue. For instructions, please see the article from Apple Support.

Let me know if this helps, if not I can most certainly help you troubleshoot further! Thanks!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

tcarrio
Listener

For anyone coming here who doesn't have their issue fixed following the accepted answer, there's another way. And it worked for my problem.

Instead of dragging Zoom to the Trash from Applications, you can uninstall Zoom through the app! 

1) Open Zoom

2) Click the zoom.us dropdown in the top left

3) Click Uninstall Zoom

4) Reinstall Zoom

This worked in my case where no network connections seemed to be working in Zoom and no combination of uninstalls , restarts, and reinstalls fixed it except for doing so through the Zoom app.

I hope this helps 👋

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @zoomuser5678! Welcome to the Community! I know you already said you've uninstalled Zoom, restarted your mac, and restarted Zoom. But could you try the following steps? I'm seeing some success with this method on some users also facing this issue with the M1 Mac.

1. Uninstall the desktop client by following the steps in the How to uninstall Zoom article

2. Install the latest version of the desktop client from https://zoom.us/download

3. Verify if the user is installing the correct zoom client based on their mac chip model. We have standard clients and Macs with Apple Silicon chips.

> It is very important to restart the computer after the uninstall and before the reinstall

NOTE: For users running Zoom on a Mac device with the M1 chip, they may need to download/install the Rosetta app in order to resolve this issue. For instructions, please see the article from Apple Support.

Let me know if this helps, if not I can most certainly help you troubleshoot further! Thanks!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

After three months of trying every method listed - this worked for me! (Without installing the Rosetta App) - Thank you

I have been successfully using zoom on my iPhone until two weeks ago and now everytime I try to join a meeting it gives error 5003 and I don’t have a firewall so how can this be fixed?

ct_acres
Listener

Awesome thanks, this was the exact same problem that a co-worker had and this resolved the issue!

tcarrio
Listener

For anyone coming here who doesn't have their issue fixed following the accepted answer, there's another way. And it worked for my problem.

Instead of dragging Zoom to the Trash from Applications, you can uninstall Zoom through the app! 

1) Open Zoom

2) Click the zoom.us dropdown in the top left

3) Click Uninstall Zoom

4) Reinstall Zoom

This worked in my case where no network connections seemed to be working in Zoom and no combination of uninstalls , restarts, and reinstalls fixed it except for doing so through the Zoom app.

I hope this helps 👋

How do I fix error 5003?
How to fix it
  1. Contact a network administrator to check your firewall and proxy settings.
  2. Disable any antivirus software that might be interfering with your connection.
  3. Check with your internet service provider if you can connect to the Zoom service.

Hope this helps

1 & 3. There were no issues connecting to Zoom in a browser. Network connectivity was not a problem.

2. All I did was reinstall the same app, it was not any AV.

Reinstalling Zoom (not by simply moving the Application to Trash, but actually running Zoom's built-in uninstall method specifically) was the only fix that worked. This would suggest some kind of misconfiguration on Zoom's part that was reset during its uninstall process.

willjoe
Attendee
  1. Contact a network administrator to check your firewall and proxy settings.
  2. Disable any antivirus software that might be interfering with your connection.
  3. Check with your internet service provider if you can connect to the Zoom service.

Regards,

Will