cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to record on Chromebook

bob991
Listener

Unable to record on Chromebook. I have my settings set to enable recording, and it appears to work on a windows-based PC. But the Chromebook is much easier for me to use, when I sign in on the Chromebook, I checked the settings and it still allowed to record, but no record button shows up in the dialog box on the actual Zoom recording. How do I fix this? I would use the Windows computer but that will not allow me to use PowerPoint slides, I can only do that on the Chromebook.

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @bob991 , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom community! We are so happy to have you here!

Please note that local recording is only supported with the Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux, version 2.0 or higher. Chromebook is not supported for local recording. We apologize for the inconvenience! I would encourage you to submit this as feedback to our product teams at zoom.us/feed.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

RonBarkan
Listener

Chromebooks allow you to record screen snapshots and video, independently from Zoom.

In general, Zoom support for Chromebooks has been subpar. Use Google Meet instead, which does not require software installation and works with most browsers.