cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to Zoom client

Praveen_badam
Listener

I am facing issues while logging to Zoom client on my MAC. Getting error code:5003. I tried by stopping Firewall/VPN, but still issue persists. Any pointers to fix? Thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Praveen_badam, if you go to Error codes and messages for meetings and webinars, error 5003 is a Connectivity issue with Zoom's servers. Per our KB article for troubleshooting this error try the following

• If you are on a network with a firewall or a proxy, contact a network administrator to check your firewall and proxy settings.
  • Antivirus software like AVG may be blocking your connection to Zoom. Disable the service and try again.
  • Check with your Internet service provider that you can connect to the Zoom service.

Let me know if this helps! 😄

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I am having exactly the same issue. I get error 5003 but this is a new problem  when there have been no changes to my internet access. The error happens now on my home network and work network. No antivirus running and no changes to firewall security and no changes in network providers. 
Also, I can connect fine through my browser, just not through the computer client/app

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No change. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @MDB 
1. Open Zoom client and Quit from the Zoom menu
inline-1260566236.png

2. Open Terminal
3. Type: cd "Library/Application Support/zoom.us"

4. Type: rm -rf data and hit enter:

5. Reinstall Zoom client: zoom.us/downloads

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 10.49.13 AM.png

This should clear out any unwanted data on the current profile. Please let me know if this helps!

The next troubleshooting step I have is:

1. Open Terminal
2. copy and paste the following command: 
sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder; sleep 2
3. Restart Mac
4. Try again

As a final resort, if the above solution doesn’t help, please uninstall one last time by following the link below:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-How-to-uninstall-Zoom

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!