cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch zoom meetings

TaoC
Listener

Wasn't exactly sure how to title this, but here's my issue.

When opening zoom on the browser and click start meeting from there, then Launch meeting - the zoom desktop app launches BUT the meeting itself doesn't. It just brings me to the front page of the zoom desktop app. I've tried reinstalling zoom and clearing cache - there was even a point where zoom asked me to download it every time - with no results.

EDIT: Forgot to add - Yes, I can open the meeting through the app itself. But I do need zoom meets to start from the browser into the app as my job uses 3 different accounts for it (the permissions and subscription stuff are on these accounts)

15 REPLIES 15

Spoonerism
Listener

Same issue here.  Is is the latest update?

The quality of the meeting when using the suggested web browser option is really poor.

I'm on a Mac

Jenna-Fleur
Listener

I too am having the same issue.

Ritz1
Listener

I am having the same issue - it won't let me launch the meeting??

lpblake
Listener

I am having the same issue which I NEVER had before. 

Wondering if this is because I upgraded to Windows 11. Anyone else do that?

JDEELMAN
Listener

I don't know which version I have, but yes, I have delays. Usually on my LINK it automatically LAUNCHes the MEETING. Now there's a huge delay, so I click LAUNCH MEETING, then enter from Browser. Then 10 minutes later a second (ghost!) session starts! It's so annoying and just suddenly started doing this.

SpeakCoachTrain
Listener

I'm having the same issue and never had this issue before whatever ZOOM did as an update!

mikerotheatre
Listener

Exactly the same problem, SINCE THE UPDATE. Sign in, start the meeting, click the box and then NOTHING.

Any suggestions, Zoom?

busgroup
Listener

you get the launch scree and when you het LAUNCH nothing happens

willw62az
Listener

Exactly the same problem . . . I hit "launch" and it flashes, but will not launch.  I've never had this problem before.  Is there a solution?

I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

NO NEVER!!!  So much for ZOOM support! 

And yes, I tried to deinstall, and re-launch the app multiple times.  🙄

willw62az
Listener

i uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Didn't work for me.

BettyeW
Listener

I cannot launch my zoom to host a meeting. It works on my iPhone but not on my tablet.  It says that I’m in another meeting and won’t launch.  I’m not in another meeting.  Please help.  I’ve been trying for a long time.

Jenna-Fleur
Listener

One user suggested the following and it worked for me:

Fixed! You have to update the zoom app and then it will launch from a link.

1. Open the zoom app

2. Click on your face in the upper right.

3. Choose "Check for updates"

4. Install updates (This takes a few minutes)

5. Restart computer