cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install updates Error code:10004

Alastair_L
Listener

yes so every time I boot Zoom on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 i get this modal notification saying:

Unable to install updates
Error code:10004

“Retry” & “Close” buttons

Retry never works. Can use existing install version which is Version: 5.11.6 (9890)

haven't been able to restart mac and see if that helps yet.

known issue?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, Alistair.

Try this:

1. Go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders —> Installer—>Downloads folder.

2. After enabling these options please retest installing the zoom desktop client app again.

If the installer is not seen on the above location, please add it manually from /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app

The step is by going to the Go - Folder- key in the above location and then adding the installer once the option is listed.

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

View solution in original post

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Please note that devices running macOS 13 Ventura beta 5 or higher with Zoom desktop client versions 5.11.6 - 5.12.0 may encounter this error when updating the desktop client.
To resolve the issue, visit the Download Center and manually install the newest version of the desktop client.
https://zoom.us/download

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

I know how frustrating this can be for those of you who are unable to install the updates. Please go ahead and try the troubleshooting steps in this article to resolve this error: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5719888320269-Zoom-error-code-10004

Let me know if that works!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

69 REPLIES 69

Alastair_L
Listener

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 4.48.55 pm.png

You will have to manually update Zoom, download and replace the old Zoom app

ZoomZoom

Hi, Alistair.

Try this:

1. Go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders —> Installer—>Downloads folder.

2. After enabling these options please retest installing the zoom desktop client app again.

If the installer is not seen on the above location, please add it manually from /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app

The step is by going to the Go - Folder- key in the above location and then adding the installer once the option is listed.

Thank you,

ZzZz

It worked 👍🏻

Actually I spoke to soon.

When I started zoom the next few times it said there was an update (which offered improved performance on M1 Macs which I have) and so I tried to install several times and it failed, but allowed me to use the app.

Today it installed correctly after filling the first time around. No idea while it failed a few times first.

So Im on Version: 5.12.9 (13190) now — which seems to be the latest I think?

Hi -

how did you do it? Where is the "Privacy & Security" option he mentions?

Thanks,

Mike

ZoomZoom

Under "System Preferences".

Thank you,

ZzZz

Actually the easiest solution for me was to uninstall the app by going to zoom.us in upper left hand corner of my desktop page (while Zoom is open) & selecting “uninstall Zoom”. Then on web browser go to Zoom.us/downloads and download “zoom desktop client” (after I contacted customer service). 

I have a 2023 MacBook Pro with an M2 Pro chip.  I had the same 10004 problem and found an answer here that worked (with a minor tweak).  Go to System Settings; Privacy & security; full disk access;  I found us.zoom and zoom.  I toggled the dot switches on the right to the right for both .  I assume that is ON.  After that I was able to initiate an update successfully the first time.

Coyote

Where do I find Privacy and Security? Thank you.

Hi ZzZz,

Glad this worked for Alistair...I'm having the same problem reoccurring on my 2020  iMac w/Ventura 13.0.1  -  I've tried your solution above & get stuck at 'Privacy & Security>>full disk access>>Installer  (see 1st screenshot). When I toggle Zoom app to 'on' I don't see any different options to un/re install app either. 

Then when I try your solution for that ("If the installer is not seen on the above location, please add it manually from /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app)" to add it manually nothing comes up (see 2nd screenshot).  I also tried searching this in my search bar in upper right corner of my screen (don't know the name), nothing comes up either.  

Thanks for your help!

Hi - I'm getting this problem too.  I'd like to try your solution.  In which App is the "Privacy & Security" option please?

Thanks,

Mike

Where is this located?

"If the installer is not seen on the above location, please add it manually from /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app)"

Is there another workaround?  It doesn't make sense that an update would require you to add an installer. Not all of us are tech savvy that use Zoom.

Why on earth would I want to give Zoom full disk access when it is owned by a Chinese national who is required to allow the Chinese government access to his servers? I already don't like having to Zoom knowing this. I will continue using the old version if I can't update. I'll just log in via the website.

Great solution, thank you! I spent all day yesterday trying to fix this, with both Zoom Helpdesk (who aren't aware of this solution) and Apple support (who got me to reinstall Ventura, unnecessarily).

I struggled with this issue on my Mac M1 running Ventura as well. Updates all failed. Uninstall worked, but re-installations failed as well. I tried literally dozens of times. The above solution was complex and the instructions never matched what was on my Mac. Finally, I tried copying the installer from my Downloads folder to the desktop, and it installed perfectly with a single prompt to give the installer permission to the file on my desktop.

This worked! None of the others did.

it seems to be working for me too.  Thanks.  Have been having this problem unable updating for a few months now.  Thanks. 

It worked! Thank you 🙂

This worked AFTER I did an update to Ventura. Then the Zoom updates installed. Never could find "Installer" under the "Full Disk Access" tab.

I was able to update to latest version. Now I am unable to share a video. Can anyone help?

thank you --this worked 😁

When you say "Privacy and Security" do you mean that option on a Mac? If so, where is it? I could not find that on my free zoom account. Sorry, I take baby steps. Thanks for your help.

yes zoom app is woring and good 

This solution does not work.  

It is not possible to add the installer to the downloads folder because the possibility is not offered under Ventura.  The path is not copyable nor navigable when trying to add the installer to the downloads folder.

Jameswalter
Participant

oom Error Code 10004: Several users have been reporting that the Zoom Error Code 10004 happening while having zoom call. This issue might occur with several reasons. But not worry, here in this article we have lined up the all the working solution to fix the Zoom Error Code 10004. So no further ado let’s begin.

Zoom Error Code 10004 occurs when the Zoom application is unable to establish a connection with the Zoom servers. The error is cross-platform, which means it has occurred on all types of devices, including PCs, smartphones, etc. It is related to Proxy, blocking both TCP and SSL with a timeout.

Zoom has become one of the most popular platforms for video conferencing. It has more than thirteen million users worldwide. However, the Zoom application has numerous errors, including connectivity issues and a downed server, among others.

Regards,
James

aatzert
Listener

Worked for me, thanks!  On a Mac 2020 13" w/Intel processor running OS Ventura 13.01. Updated while Zoom was open > check for updates. 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Please note that devices running macOS 13 Ventura beta 5 or higher with Zoom desktop client versions 5.11.6 - 5.12.0 may encounter this error when updating the desktop client.
To resolve the issue, visit the Download Center and manually install the newest version of the desktop client.
https://zoom.us/download

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Worked for me and fixed my problem. Thank you!

This worked for me on a 2020 iMac running Ventura 13.0.1. Finally, after many months & attempts at updating & constantly getting the same error 10004 message. None of the other solutions worked. Thanks Carla!

Worked for me - and much more straightforward and clearly explained than the other solutions. Thank you!

Thanks. Finally got it working.

This fixes the issue. Thank you

I followed your procedures and it did not work. After I had clicked on the Download button, it said zoom wanted to access files in my computer. I clicked Not Allow and it said Install Failed.  Then I went through the steps again and clicked Allow.  It still said Install Failed.  I am running Ventura 13.2.1 on a Macbook Pro.  Any help greatly appreciated.  I keep getting error message 10004 when I open zoom to start a meeting.

Hi @TerreRoche , thank you for the update! 

Please try these troubleshooting steps and let me know if that does the trick:

1. Open Finder and go to the Application folder.
  2. Right-click on Zoom.us and click on Show package contents then, Contents>Frameworks.
  3. Double-click on ZoomUninstaller. Follow the prompts to uninstall the application.
  4. Restart your Mac computer. (Do not skip this part)
  5. Go to https://zoom.us/support/download and get the latest version of Zoom

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hello Carla,

Thank you for your answer to my issue. However when I click on zoom.us there is no option to "show package".  Therefore I am unable to proceed with your instructions. Please note that I am on a Mac computer using Ventura 13.2.1.

Please advise,

Terre Roche

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you see when you right click on the zoom.us application? This will help me better understand the issue on your end.Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 9.14.28 AM.png

Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 11.52.08 AM.png

Thank you! Let's try the below steps and let me know if it helps:

1. Please go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders —> Installer—>Downloads folder.
  2. After enabling these options please reboot your device and try installing the Zoom desktop client app again.

Note:
If the installer is not seen at the above location, please add it manually by going to FinderGo > Go to  Folder...- key in /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app and then add the installer once the option is listed.

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 5.41.12 PM.png

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team