cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install updates Error code:10004

Alastair_L
Listener

yes so every time I boot Zoom on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 i get this modal notification saying:

Unable to install updates
Error code:10004

“Retry” & “Close” buttons

Retry never works. Can use existing install version which is Version: 5.11.6 (9890)

haven't been able to restart mac and see if that helps yet.

known issue?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, Alistair.

Try this:

1. Go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders —> Installer—>Downloads folder.

2. After enabling these options please retest installing the zoom desktop client app again.

If the installer is not seen on the above location, please add it manually from /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app

The step is by going to the Go - Folder- key in the above location and then adding the installer once the option is listed.

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

View solution in original post

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Please note that devices running macOS 13 Ventura beta 5 or higher with Zoom desktop client versions 5.11.6 - 5.12.0 may encounter this error when updating the desktop client.
To resolve the issue, visit the Download Center and manually install the newest version of the desktop client.
https://zoom.us/download

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

I know how frustrating this can be for those of you who are unable to install the updates. Please go ahead and try the troubleshooting steps in this article to resolve this error: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5719888320269-Zoom-error-code-10004

Let me know if that works!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

69 REPLIES 69

Hi Carla,

When I download the desktop client for Mac i get the message "installation failed." What am I missing?

Paul

I thought I would have to uninstall but I didn't. I just went to the main page (after signing out) and hit download zoom as if I were a new user and it fixed the problem. I was shocked it was that easy...and after few days not being able to use my account. 

I have uninstalled zoom and tried to install manually at the Download center, I get the message that it can not install zoom and to contact the owner of the app (zoom) I have Mac Ventura 13.2.1   What to do?

I did what you suggested (Mac Ventura 13.4). The Zoom App symbol in my App file is crossed out. Obviously, I can't use it.

For months now, I tried to upgrade my Zoom version but I always get error code 10004.

It works...!  🙂

Geez, this was driving me nuts! All fixed now, thank you!

THANK YOU! Easy solution and WORKS! 

TVM from here as well. Like others, there was no solution to the error code till yours, and today, nothing wanted to work without an update. Ventura 13.4.

I just did what you suggested, and I still get the same message that I should contact the manufacturer.???

I did as instructed above and got the error message: You can't open the application "zoom.us.app" because this application is not supported on this Mac. My iMac version is: Ventura 13.4.1 (c). What to do now? I'm unable to use Zoom at all at this point.  - Sid

WORKED.  Thank you.  

Worked for me, too, on iMac with Ventura 13.4.1.  Thank you!

This is not working.  Please help.

The solution does not work because under Ventura, it is not possible to add the installer to the downloads folder because it is not possible to navigate to the app's location in the library.

smichellew
Listener

can't download manually either. I get so far them I'm told my updates are managed by my IT Admin. That's me. I am the one logged in. 

Hi @smichellew ,

Can you try deleting Zoom (move to trash) and then manually download? I would suggest, however, if you are part of an organization that has an IT department reach out to them first. 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Thanks. Worked for me after repeatedly getting error message while trying to update from older version of Zoom. Now running v 5.13.0 

Hello Carla,

Everytime I use zoom now I get the message that I should upgrade. But when I click on that it says Upgrade Failed.  I am given the option "Retry", but that does not stop me from receiving this message everytime I sign in.  So far I am able to use zoom.  But I don't think I've gotten any of the upgrades for months.  Please advise.  Thank you, Theresa

I have taken Zoom out of my applications folder and put it in the trash. Also the installer - into the trash.

Then I try to reinstall and I'm told that I didn't go to the Apps Store to get the Desktop Client first ( I'm on a Mac with Ventura 13), it says I don't have it from the App Store, and that's just where I was and downloaded it to my desktop. - and I still get that message and I have to stop?..

HLH
Listener

How do I uninstall Zoom on

my Mac? I'm getting this error code 10004 and the ticket help instructions don't make sense. 

To uninstall Zoom: go to Finder > click on Applications > scroll down list of your apps to Zoom > grab Zoom icon and drop in Trash. I used the search "download Zoom for Mac" in Safari. Took me to the Zoom website where followed steps that successfully installed Zoom v 5.13.0 

Mummybardo
Listener

Why does Zoom need Full disk Access? This can't be right

jannahAlani
Listener

hi I restarted my laptop 5 times but it still didn't work 

I also reported it but nothing happened zoom would quit out of nowhere and I can't accept  contact requests or  click on someone profile 

Hi @jannahAlani , just to confirm, have you tried completely uninstalling Zoom before rebooting?

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

sherylk1
Listener

Where is the privacy and security folder I'm very frustrated with Zoom presently 

Hi @sherylk1 ,

Have you tried manually installing the newest version of the desktop client. Here's the link:
https://zoom.us/download

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

I know how frustrating this can be for those of you who are unable to install the updates. Please go ahead and try the troubleshooting steps in this article to resolve this error: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5719888320269-Zoom-error-code-10004

Let me know if that works!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Loretta2
Listener

My exact problem and here is how I just solved by everyone's help.

Go to system settings, privacy and security and toggle on Zoom.

Then go to Apple icon: privacy and security and toggle on Zoom us

Only by doing BOTH was I able to update.

You would think someone at Zoom would post this easy answer.

Thank you, Loretta2. It worked for me. And yes, you would think Zoom would provide a little help on this problem. 

Coyote
Listener

I have a 2023 MacBook Pro with an M2 Pro chip.  I had the same 10004 problem and found an answer here that worked (with a minor tweak).  Go to System Settings; Privacy & security; full disk access;  I found us.zoom and zoom.  I toggled the dot switches on the right to the right for both .  I assume that is ON.  After that I was able to initiate an update successfully the first time.

Coyote