cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish a secure connection to zoom

Tessa2
Listener

The pop up message, "unable to establish a secure connection to zoom" has appeared repeatedly over 3 hours of meetings today.  Probably about every 10 seconds.  It is impossible to continue to use zoom if i cannot resolve this.  I have uninstalled it and re installed it, I have gone into calendars and contacts and tried to change things. 

Previous advice on the community said to delete existing calendars and integrity settings and reconfigure.  Can someone explain this.  Any help greatly appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12

AR1113
Listener

I don't have an answer, but have the same issue (also started yesterday). Someone please advise!!!

I am having this same problem, since trying to run a class last night. It obscured my view and access to some participants.

NickDeYoung
Listener

My wife is experiencing the same problem on her Macbook Pro. We are supposed to start teaching a course tonight.

momo4
Listener

I am having the same problem today. The live chat person was not able to help.

Hoping someone figures this out soon!

smiles2
Listener

I am having the same issue on my mac book pro. PLEASE HELP! Have tried all of the above

PaigeC
Listener

Same issue , started yesterday   - MacBook , have reinstalled but no change 😞

IanJ
Listener

Ditto to all of this.  Same issue. 

harmony13
Listener

I opened a ticket with Zoom on Jan 10 for this issue - here's the resolution from them that worked for me. I'm using a MacBook Pro running Monterey, so the instructions are specific to Mac. I would assume similar steps are needed for non-Mac users.

1. Quit Zoom
  2. Go to Finder
  3. Click Go at the very top of your screen
  4. Hold the Options button down on your keyboard
  5. Click Library when it appears
  6. Open the Application Support folder
  7. Delete the zoom.us folder
  8. Go to Applications and remove Zoom if it is still in there
  9. Reboot your MAC laptop
  10. Redownload Zoom https://zoom.us/support/download to get the latest version and install it

Thank you.  This worked for me.  I really appreciate the explicit steps you included.  

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! This is a known error currently affecting some Mac users. As @harmony13 mentioned, to fix, please do a complete uninstall of the Zoom app through the following steps:

1. Open the Zoom desktop application.
  2. Select zoom.us at the top of your screen and select Uninstall Zoom.

CarlaA_0-1673987083656.png

3. Select OK to confirm uninstalling the Zoom desktop application and all of its components.

CarlaA_1-1673987083625.png

4. Restart your Mac
  5. Reinstall Zoom via zoom.us/support/download

Please let me know if this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

This worked for me. Thank you - it was driving me crazy for days!

sb9
Listener

SAME!  This began on 1/10/2023 out of the blue and occurs constantly while I am on my Apple laptop.  I've used for years on the same laptop without issue.  The best I can do it drag the notice off to the side.  THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!