cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit meetings from shared mailbox

anjung1
Listener

Hello, 

Context: Owners of the shared mailbox should be able to act as one entity.  For example, emails that originate from a shared mailbox represent the team versus the individual. A shared mailbox could belong to a team responsible for executing administrative tasks such as sending mass emails or scheduling meetings on large, complex projects. When one owner schedules a Zoom meeting from the shared mailbox account, other owners of that shared mailbox account should, in theory, be able to modify that Zoom meeting since they are part of the shared mailbox account. 

Issue: If person A (who is an owner of the shared mailbox) schedules a meeting via the shared mailbox, then person B (or other team members who are also shared mailbox owners) from the shared mailbox should be able to make updates to that meeting. However, that does not seem to be the case. The issue arises when person A is out of the office and a request comes in from a workstream to update or cancel the meeting. When Person B tries to update/cancel the meeting for them, they see this error message: "You are not the host of this meeting."

In theory, Person B (or other members on team who are also shared mailbox owners) should be able to update/cancel the meeting for them. 

Currently, I don't see this capability in Zoom. Similar to Outlook, would the team need a Shared Zoom account?  Please advise on solutions! Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anjung1
Listener

Wanted to close this out. I'm testing the "Schedule Privilege Option" and so far, it seems to be working. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

anjung1
Listener

Wanted to close this out. I'm testing the "Schedule Privilege Option" and so far, it seems to be working. 

willjoe2442
Participant

In Outlook go to calendar view, and choose the shared mailbox. When you enter appointments, everyone who is a member of the shared mailbox will be able to see them. Any member of the shared mailbox can create, view, and manage appointments on the calendar, just like they would their personal appointments.

Regards,

Diana