cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to disable participant names in local recordings

MattyMatt
Listener

Can anyone help? As of January-ish, I am unable to record Zoom Meetings or Webinars without the participant names showing up on the recording.

I've adjusted every setting that has been previously recommended, and still, those names appear. Even when I tick the box to 'off' while in a meeting, the names remain.

I am using the most recent update of Zoom.

This is very unhelpful, as the participant names ruin the graphics and look of my projects.

5 REPLIES 5

multicastaudio
Listener

We have just discovered the same issue with the current release 5.9.3. On both Windows and Mac Clients.

I can get the names to drop on the cloud recordings but not on the local recordings which is super unhelpful as it ruins the full frame output which we need. 

We have reverted to 5.9.1 for now which does not do this.

Will the version due to release on the 28th Feb resolve this back or at least give us the option in the app??

I am trying to revert to 5.9.1 but I cannot find the correct installer, the only installer Zoom offers is the latest one.  Do you have a link for the 5.9.1 installer for Windows, 64 bits?

Never mind, I found it.

MattyMatt
Listener

Thank you for your suggestion. Downgrading seems to have done the trick. I can't anyone is actually happy with this 'feature.'

WHY ON EARTH WOULD ZOOM THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? MY GUESS IS THIS WAS A MISTAKE. PLEASE FIX AS IT'S IMPACTING MY WAY OF BUSINESS.