cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add alternate host

Jim88756
Listener

Hello

When I schedule a meeting I am unable to add my colleague as an alternate host. My colleague and I both have paid licenses AND are on the same account. So the error has got it completely wrong.

Screenshot_20210831_095109.png

8 REPLIES 8

Sof
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi @Jim88756, thank you for posting this issue in the Zoom Community.

The first thing I would do is to check that you are signed in the Zoom app with the correct user, the one on the same Zoom account as your colleague. You can do it by clicking on the profile picture in the top-right corner.

Once this is confirmed, sign in to the Zoom web portal and go to zoom.us/profile and scroll down to the Account section. There you should see the account number. Verify with your colleague that your account numbers match. 

If they do match, both you and your colleague check that you have a Zoom Meetings or Zoom Webinar licence activated, this information is also available in the Profile, Account section.

If they don't match, it means that you are not members of the same account, so you can't be alternative hosts of each other's meetings.

Always happy to help! If this solved your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

narthur
Listener

I don't understand your response Sof. I have a scheduled Zoom meeting under my license with 4 other people. I cannot attend and want to assign one of those folks as host. Can I do that? How?

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@narthur 

@Sof 's response was more troubleshooting instructions, rather than steps for assigning an alternative host. This article should explain the process for you: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host

This does not work for me. My account and "alternative host qualifications" have been met per the document outlining how to enable alternative hosts as well.
I simply can't run the first instance of the meeting and need one person to fill in.  A message like "Can't add [user name] as an alternative host because the user cannot be selected at this time" after having successfully follow the UI's instructions to "press ENTER to select the user" and adding them, is very frustrating.

Oh, wait.  I have to actually buy someone else a license to use my account or give them my password and let them log in as me.

Not really a great solution.  Guess I'll have to log in using my phone, delegate control to them, and then stay connected even if I'm not actually able to participate.

mun3
Listener

I cannot add an alternative host, although I have a premium account.  "Support" has provided no support.

Ready to move to GoToMeeting next month when my annual contract runs out.

b9
Listener

I am getting the same issue and I had an alternate host on this account already

b9
Listener

same her not sure what has changed,