cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Switch Zoom Host in Google Calendar

skylarholon
Listener

Hello! For work, I use Google Calendar to schedule Zoom meetings with other employees. When I add a Zoom Meeting to an event on my calendar, it designates the host as another email/Zoom account of mine even though I'm logged into my work email. I can't change it on Google Calendar, and there doesn't seem to be an option to delete and re-download the Zoom extension. When I enter that meeting through my work email, I cannot share my screen or record since I'm not designated as the host 

4 REPLIES 4

cgenero
Listener

I have the same problem - did you find a solution?

In Google Calendar, click the zoom icon in the right-hand menu bar. It should open the Zoom for Google Workspace menu and show you which Zoom account is signed in. Click the three vertical dots at the top of that menu. It should give you an option to sign out. Click sign out, then log back in with the credentials you'd like to use. 

jyrzoom
Listener

I had the same issue. In Google Calendar, click the zoom icon in the right-hand menu bar. It should open the Zoom for Google Workspace menu and show you which Zoom account is signed in. Click the three vertical dots at the top of that menu. It should give you an option to sign out. Click sign out, then log back in with the credentials you'd like to use. 

nxd10
Listener

I have exactly the same issue.  Zoom for work is signed in with the same account as google calendar (a work account)  But instead of my base work email Google schedules a different alias of this account as host.  When I click on the link I'm a guest not a host.  

There is no option to change the host.  The alias has a free zoom account so can't be set to cohost. When I log in to zoom with the alias, it brings my back to the correct account.  

I can't delete the Zoom extension to Calendar because that is controlled by the organization.  

It worked until recently.  Very frustrating.