cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ubuntu GNU/Linux Desktop: Zoom Excessive Pop-ups for "Zoom cannot detect your microphone"

cas763
Listener

I'm on Ubuntu GNU/Linux 21.10 with the latest installation of Zoom, version 5.9.3 (1911). 

When I start a meeting, if I don't have a microphone or headset attached, Zoom attempts to detect the microphone repeatedly, causing a huge number of pop-up windows and on-screen messages that say "Zoom cannot detect your microphone". See the attached image (with sensitive information removed). 

Essentially Zoom desktop is not usable in the latest version on Ubuntu GNU/Linux. 

4 REPLIES 4

jleugers
Listener

I am experiencing this exact same thing on Ubuntu

melbmate
Listener

Similar experience here on mint 20 with the latest version of zoom.

This could easily be solved if zoom stored and allowed easy access to older version of zoom so we can downgrade.But there is no way to downgrade.

Tafakari
Listener

Exact situation for me. I haven't been able to use zoom for a week now. Same Ubuntu version and same zoom version.

epchristi
Listener

I see the exact same issue on ubuntu 20.04. Killing the zoom process (which becomes non-trivial because of the relentless popups) strands those popups on the screen. Restarting zoom seems to work.