cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Audio Input Issues on android

FPires
Listener

Hi,
I have the Mecool KM6 Deluxe TvBox and I want to use it with Zoom.
This TvBox is "Hey Google" Assistant ready by its buit-in microphone on the bluetooth remote control.
But there is some conflict, because Zoom doesn't recognizes any microphone. 
I have a USB webcam with built-in microphone, and it is recognized by Zoom, but the microphone doesn't. 
I even tried the Lesser AudioSwith app to switch the default audio input but even so it doesn't work.
1. Does anyone have a solution?
And the very important question:
2. Why Zoom android version doesn't have the change audio input feature like desktop version?

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @FPires, Mecool has a video on setting up your device https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVWNCfJMkJo and looking within the comments it looks like most users are having the best luck with USB camera with a built-in microphone 

As it looks like I believe the way this is a workaround, I haven't seen any official compatibility with Android TV but with Android, in our Knowledge base at support.zoom.us

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

drspmathew
Listener

Zoom android version doesn't have the change audio input feature like desktop version. This is a serious limitation to using other audio sources on the mobile, like the Grenaro wireless microphone which connects via C Type adaptor. The solution can come only from Zoom.  Mecool's answer is not at all useful for this topic. 

I'm not sure the microphone issue is just a Zoom issue. I tried connecting several hardware mics to the Mecool KM6 and none were recognized.

• Couldn't get external mic with 3.5mm jack on USB audio dongle to work
    Couldn't get direct external USB mic to work
    Couldn't get external X17 Bluetooth earbud with mic to work (BT speaker works fine though)
    Couldn't get mic on WiFi keyboard to work

kalvins
Listener

hi in Need to have a Zoom meting with kids