cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two links for one meeting in error

LoisHerr
Listener

Problem: I set up a meeting and sent out invites.  I went to the meetings page and copies another invitation.  Discovered later that I had two links.  One went to the meeting one went to a note that the host had another meeting going.  What did I do wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

I'm sorry you had an issue with this.  It sounds like you potentially copied your personal meeting room information or accidentally scheduled a second meeting.  

Whichever meeting you happened to open first will be the one that the attendees can join.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

I'm also getting this issue. I schedule a meeting, link to Google calendar, and send out invites. The invite link on the event is different from the link in the "Join Zoom Meeting" button, resulting in two different meetings. Personal Meeting ID option is not selected anywhere during the process. The "Meetings" tab on the Zoom application also shows two different rooms at the same time, with the same name. Any help is appreciated. 

No. This happened to me as well. There is the option to copy the invitation, which features al of the meeting info when a smaller window opens. Just to the left of that is another link with the copy icon to the right. I feel like those two used to be the same, but now they are not. If one of those is our personal meeting room login, then it should be clearly labeled as our Personal Meeting login. 

StephenMonte
Listener

Also running into this issue. Longtime user of Zoom and I've only started to run into this issue in the last 3 months or so. I create a recurring meeting with a colleagues name and mine as the meeting title. I set it as a recurring meeting with no fixed time. I email my colleague the link, and then when a clicked to log in (a day later), we each had different links. Oddly, when I record a meeting using each individual link, all recordings show up with the same title -- so it can't be that I'm mistakenly using my personal meeting ID.