cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two businesses = Two Separate Accounts?

skyword
Listener

Greetings!  I have two separate businesses.  I currently have only one Zoom Account (free option).  I am finding that it is important to have one account for each business because when I invite people for meetings the invites come from the one gmail account only and it is confusing to the ones that are meeting with me for the OTHER business.    

Can I just totally cancel my one Zoom account and start over, using two separate gmail accounts for two separate Zoom accounts?

Or, can I only have one free Zoom account?  If so, can someone let me know how to switch between gmail accounts to avoid the confusion between the two?

I am not able to access Support through Zoom as I am not a paid subscription YET.

I thank you,

Karla 

7 REPLIES 7

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @skyword 

You can signup for as many Free accounts as you like - so long as they have unique email addresses.

You can change the email address of your current account if you want to at: https://zoom.us/profile

If you are using the same Gmail for both businesses, there is a way to have multiple email aliases point to the same mailbox if you need to do that.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

Rupert

BTW - once you have the two accounts setup, you can use the Zoom in-app menu to "Switch Account" to switch between the two.

On the web, one of the easiest ways to manage two accounts would be to use a different browser for each account - like Chrome and Edge maybe, depending on your preference. 

Hi Rupert thanks for the info!

I started out signing up for Zoom with business #1 using gmail #1.   I then started business #2 with a gmail #2.  When I start up Zoom, my business #2 icon, etc. comes up just like I want.  I then invite people choosing the gmail option to do so.  

What then opens up is my business #1 gmail and it gets sent as an invite from THAT address.  Confusing to my clients for sure.

Are you saying that I would need to have two different browsers to operate two completely separate Zoom Basic Accounts?  When I select the Zoom icon in my task bar, business #2's information comes right up automatically.

If I have two different Zoom Basic Accounts, using two different browsers to access, are you saying that there would be an option in the Zoom app that would allow me to switch cleanly back and forth between the two? 

I would think that there would be a way to do this within the same Zoom Basic Account, no? 

My goal of course is to have all corresponding business information show up for the appropriate business. 

Thank you so much.... 

BTW, when I go to my profile, the only email category I see is for Sign-In Email.  Nothing for changing an Invite Email address. 

Hi Rupert,  I am wanting to have two separate Zoom Accounts (Basic) and have one for business one and a separate one for business two.

Right now, business #1 is the email that is being used (secondnature1@msn,com).  This is why both businesses are sending emails from the same place, which I want to change.  Business #2 invite recipients are getting invites from Business #1; not desireable.

I tried to set up a Zoom Basic Account on Foxfire and it seems to still just access Zoom using my Business #1 email information.

Now what?  I am stumped!

Thank you

skyword
Listener

I also just downloaded Foxfire and tried to create a new Zoom account and it will not let me.  Says "You are not eligible"

Rupert

Are you using a separate email address?